Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi all -I am looking to buy my first new to me Cayenne and I have narrowed it down to either a 2008 CTT (45K miles) or a 2006 CTTS (23K miles). From was I've researched thus far - the 2006 CTTS has 520hp vs the 2008 CTT 500hp. My understanding is that the 2008 is pretty much the same style as the 2006. I really like the 2006 since it's the color I want (White/Beige). The 2008 is Silver/Black which is not a bad color combo either. I'm leaning towards the CTTS for the low miles and color combo. It also has the CPO warranty. Both are priced the same. Any recommendation or suggestion. Thank you.Kiet

The 2008 was a slight remodel year -- not sure of all the changes. Some aero which is supposed to help gas mileage slightly (it needs all it can get).

Check to see if the 06 has had the coolant pipes fixed.

I bought a Silver/Black 2008 CTT last November. I like the Silver/Black combo for me -- as it hides dirt well :-) -- it acts as my daily driver/tools hauler/track support/tow vehicle.

Aside from gas mileage -- I love it.

post-34429-0-54717800-1376844344_thumb.j

Mike

Edited by txhokie4life

What about all the other options? Offroad package, 4 zone climatronic, heated wheel, entry and drive, backup camera, tow package, etc.

I have an 04 CTT. the only wish i had was the 4 zone climatronic...the car came with almost everything else. I do a lot of "utility" work with mine, so the 2 speed transfer case and locking diffs get used weekly.

I recently purchased an 06, 70K Miles. It is to be my daily driver (Short Commute)... I am very happy with it. My other car is a Mercedes Supercharged SL55, so I am pretty accustomed to 500+HP...

I have a short commute, so gas is not a problem... I have seen 18 MPG on the highway @75mph... Seems to be the sweet spot for the Gearbox.

I doubt very much that you will notice the extra 20hp on a daily basis... But on the other hand, a 23K CTTS with CPO is a deal. Consider that this car sold new for 120 to 130K...

There are some body style changes, but they are really small and hard to tell at a distance unless you are an enthusiast...

I have the Black/Sand Biege interior. Warning... It gets Dirty fast!, but so far seems to clean up pretty good. I already budgeted for a new set of floor mats...

I believe that all CTTS came with full leather interior which is nice. Every one loves the look and smell..

Have 4 Zone climatronic, backup camera... PCM 2.1 with phone... (Boo, hiss). Adding a Tow Package and iPod interface, then I am done...

My car seems to like to drink OIL by the quart monthly...(Slight exaggeration).. But I have changed it and also put 1.5 Qt in over 3 months of ownership..

Have not had coolant pipes done yet, but considering it. I checked everything out, no leaks or issues anywhere...

Good luck!

Keeping wanting to discover a reason to upgrade my loaded 04 CTT, but can't. I baby it but it gets worked out off-road a fair amount. In town I don't haul *** much. Just the blast off when using tollways, etc. I'm not dropping 20$k to get an iPod or phone setup....

Edited by ALEV8

@ALEV8, Not sure how you got to $20K for Phone, but I am considering the use of $250 Dension or NAVTV basic unit with functions controlled by phone and steering wheel.

I put a $500 unit into my SL55 and really did not like the user interface. It was clunky and difficult. I ended up reverting to the basic mode, which is the equivalent of the entry level system from NavTV or Dension.

I am guessing most of your 20K would come from upgrading the speakers, amplifiers etc... In my opinion, not worth it. The Bose system is good enough..(Not the best). Have it in both cars..

I actually work with Infotainment systems for cars for OEM's everyday, I have access to the parts to roll my own unit, but really don't want to give up the cluster integration.... If I get time to decode the CAN Bus messeges to the Cluster for compatiblity, I might make a move...

Overall, I think that the CTT and CTTS cars are an incredible value for enthusiast... Fast, powerful, sized perfectly for 4, comfortable to ride and drive, incredible flexilbility.

David

I am really happy with my first gen 04 CTT.

there are couple of features on the 08+ models attract me:

1, 4.8 direct injection vs. 4.5 "regular" fuel injection

2, VarioCam+ vs. VarioCam (height of valve could be adjusted)

3, PDCC (check out the utube video, it works like a charm)

4, Pano roof (would be nice but not necessary)

other than that, I do not see any reason to replace mine.

like dgogoman mentioned, CTT or CTTS are awesome cars as long as you want to spend some time doing some research trying not to get raped by dealers. actually a lot of parts on CTT that I have replaced are cheaper than other domestic ones. fast, comfy, tough(i went through some nasty winter storms with proper snow tires, while most of the cars stuck in the snow). my CTT is the only thing that I want to stay with after a fight with wife. :)