Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)
Sign in to follow this  
TurboLove

Inserting the red panic button...

I cant believe this is really happening. After placing my CTT keys in my key basket at home, I reach back into my pocket and pull out a little black plastic rectangle and a red 'panic' button (see photo). Obviously, both these pieces fit onto my keyfob. So the problem I'm having is making the red rubbery 'panic' button stay in place. (I know that the little black piece covers the two metal contacts)

I have pushed and prodded the **** thing and just can't get it to stay in place. anyone give me a tip on what I need to do to ensure it stays in place? There's gotta be an answer. And its probably an easy one!!!! Thanks!

post-8242-0-33557900-1377116814_thumb.jp

You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

I just look at my key and after looking at your picture, realized mine is missing the red panic button too. Must be a common problem. At least you have your loose parts to try to reattach. Mine were apparently missing when I bought the vehicle.

I just picked up an 08 CS and have the same issue.  Would love to find out if this part can be reattached or if I would have to buy a new key..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Ezampese
      I got a Cayenne and need some help about 2 control buttons on the front roof light control.
      the center button controls the Interior light, ( ok that is in owners manual )
      the far left and far right control Map lights, ( ok that is in owners manual )
      and the right and left buttons??? seams one is for comfort light dimmer, and the other one?? one of them are missing in owners manual.
      Thanks for help!!

• By tcooper
      Background:
      My 04 Cayenne S has been at the Porsche dealer for just over a month now.  I took it there to have a new key programmed into it. I lost my only working keyfob. I was able to copy the blade of my non-working keyfob at a local locksmith.  Well, the next day, I get a call that the computer won't take the new key and that a new sensor, immobilizer and keys were needed. Estimate: $1900.  Upset, I felt I had no choice and agreed to it.  A week later, I get a call that the parts are coming from Germany and it's be sometime next week.  As promised, a week later, the parts made it and were installed.  Computer still will not learn the factory new keys.  I'm told of numerous emails/calls to Porsche tech support over the course of another week.  The last time I called to check around the 18th, I'm told that Porsche has discovered a bug with PIWIS v3. Seems that it cannot program keys into a PIWIS v1 vehicle.  Now I'm waiting on Porsche to special deliver a working PIWIS v1 computer.  

My BS detector is alarming. I would like my Cayenne back, running or not, but I am at a loss on what to do.

Questions:
      Can anyone backup the PIWIS v3 computer story?
      What are the odds that my original sensor, immobilizer and key are really fine?
      Should I make them reinstall my old parts and try with the PIWIS v1 computer?
      The bill should go from around $1900 to $125.

Is there anyone at Porsche I need to make aware of the potential service problems at this dealership?

A little more on the background.  They also claim that they have a non-working PIWIS v1 and that Porsche can remote brick the PIWIS computers when a new unit is issued...??  I'm also told that the Durametric cable and software cannot program keys.

Any help or ideas are appreciated. 

• By avp546
      I think the relay for my heated rear screen has given up the ghost. It is a 2002 C4S and recently the heated rear screen button won't switch off. It doesn't really switch on either and nor does it heat the screen. The light glows a dull orange and only switches off once I've removed the keys from the ignition and locked the car. The other day when I first noticed it I could hear a relay clicking even though I hadn't touched the switch.
      Any ideas or advice would be gratefully received! Thank you!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.