Server Lease Renewal/Software Licenses
Our yearly server lease, software licenses, as well as hardware operating costs, ARE due Dec 6th, 2021. Our current donations have fallen far short of the funds we need to renew. Please remember the RennTech.org community is Member supported so please consider a donation to help... THANK YOU!
Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
Hi Guys, I am a new member of this community and I am very happy to be here.
My name is Mathias and I just bought my very first car. I am university student so I wanted a cool, sports car and as I live in Dubai, the weather is warm so a convertible was ideal. I have therefore just bought my first car, the Porsche Boxster, 2006. As this is my first car, and I have bought it as the 3rd owner. I have a lot of questions about how I should maintain the car, and hope you guys can help😎🏎
So first of all, it’s a Porsche Boxster in a beautiful red, with a black soft top, from 2006 that has driven approx. 80,000 km.
it has a beige interior.
1) the paint inside the car has scratches and shows the black color under the beige coating. How can I fix this?
2) the speakers and radio signal is very poor and I want to be able to play music via Bluetooth and aux, is this possible?
3) is it possible to set up Cameras in the car, for parking?
4) there are scratches on the exterior, and I took it to the Porsche center, and they said they do not have a perfect match to this color as they don’t make it in this specific red anymore. Is there anything I can do?
5) the leather inside is looking a little bit worn, is it possible to fix this up?
6) lastly, is there any mods, DIY upgrades or accessories you recommend I to add to this 2006 Boxster?
While researching another problem with my Boxster, I noticed a company is advertising an oil fed intermediate shaft bearing kit, which seems to use a modified cover and a hose to feed oil to the intermediate shaft bearing..
the kit is here..
Has anyone installed it or know if it is any good?
My old 986 Boxster had an upgraded IMS bearing installed when I bought the car, and I thought it was a worthwhile thing to do.. But was told the 987 needed an engine teardown to replace the bearing.. This kit seems to just feed engine oil into the bearing, which from what I have read would solve the problems with failure.. But really.. should this kit do the trick?
Just finished (January 2014) an audio upgrade to a '99 C4 Cab. Thought I would document it for future reference.
Inexpensive 996 audio upgrade.docx
I have recently heard that there is an upgrade tiptronic gearbox oil/fluid available in the market which should give a better response for the Tip box. Does this really work? Have anyone tried before?
I am interested to learn as I have realized that the tip at high revs seems not responding as good when compares to mid to low range revs.