Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

101 Projects for Your Porsche 911 996 and 997 1998-2008 (Motorbooks Wo

I received the Jan 15th email also. But then again,I also received the Oct, Nov, Dec, and Feb emails.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

-------------------------------------------

Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

Dempsey, Wayne R. "101 Projects for Your Porsche 911 996 and 997 1998-2008 (Motorbooks Workshop)"

Estimated arrival date: January 15, 2014

Please visit Your Account (www.amazon.com/youraccount) for the most up-to-date delivery information about this order. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account at no additional cost.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department

http://www.amazon.com/customer-service

• 2 weeks later...

I placed the order for it in September, my friends has the one for the Boxster. I wonder if it's the same book with a few little changes for the 911 996.

I imagine a lot of it will be fairly similar due to fact that the dash forward and much of the motor is common common across both vehicles. However, all of the "upgrade your 986 using 996 parts!" sections obviously would need to be replaced, and if you don't own the 101 Projects for Your Boxster, it's a good reference and worth the ~$25 asking price.

Delayed again......

order-update@amazon.com <order-update@amazon.com>
7:45 AM (12 hours ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to alwong
cleardot.gif
Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on July 21, 2013 (Order# 106-1882225-8505812). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Dempsey, Wayne R. "101 Projects for Your Porsche 911 996 and 997 1998-2008 (Motorbooks Workshop)"
Estimated arrival date: February 17, 2014

We'll make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account (www.amazon.com/youraccount).

For more information about this order please visit:

www.amazon.com/youraccount

If your shipment arrives too late, you may either refuse delivery or return it to us for a refund. For returns instructions, please visit our Returns Center at:

www.amazon.com/returns

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Feel free to reach out to Customer Service with any questions at http://www.amazon.com/customerservice

Sincerely,

==============================
Check your order and more: http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

• 5 weeks later...

Mine is pushed to March 20, 2014 - April 14, 2014. In addition to the pushed date notification, my email also required me to update the order by April 11, or the order will be canceled. I highlighted info in the email below.

Other than constant delays from amazon, does anyone know what the true status is of this book?

-----Original Message-----
From: order-update@amazon.com [mailto:order-update@amazon.com]
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 9:22 AM
To: alw911@ashburnva.net
Subject: Your Amazon.com order (#106-1882225-8505812): your approval required

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on July 21, 2013 (Order# 106-1882225-8505812). Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

New Delivery Estimate: March 20, 2014 - April 14, 2014

If you still want us to ship the delayed items when they do become available, (though they may arrive later than expected) please visit Your Orders on Amazon.com address to approve the delay:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/summary/edit.html/?useCase=approve&orderID=106-1882225-8505812

Please approve the delay by April 11, 2014 to avoid cancelation. If the item becomes available before that date, we will automatically ship it to you. By approving the new delivery estimate, you are letting us know that you still want the item(s).

We'll make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account (www.amazon.com/youraccount).

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Feel free to reach out to Customer Service with any questions at http://www.amazon.com/customerservice

Sincerely,

==============================

Check your order and more: http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Hi Guys,

I emailed Wayne direct and received this reply this morning. If you cant wait for Amazon you will have to buy it direct form Pelican parts.

" Hi Bing. We should have 1000 in stock on Monday or Tuesday!!!"

-Wayne

Wayne R. Dempsey

CEO, Pelican Parts Inc.

cscobra or Loren, can you tell if the book has any projects related to the interior/radio? I was on the waitlist forever, then my credit card on file expired so amazon bumped me off. I am trying to decide if its worth getting it, since I have so many other hobbies/projects going.

Any chance you can share the table of contents with us?