Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)
Sign in to follow this  
zodman

I get a charge out of this...

I bought a Schumacher SE50 with the intention of charging the battery since it is way past time for a trickle charger. Can this device also unlock the front trunk using the fuse panel/door jam method if you don't have access to a spare battery?

You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

I guess it should if you set it to 10A or 50A. 2A is probably not enough.

I should mention this is a "what if" scenario, if a spare battery wasn't around.

Yea, understood.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Silver_TT
      2002 Carrera 4S. I did a search and didn't see these exact symptoms simultaneously.
      See attached picture. I was driving at 5k RPM in 3rd when the power of the car was suddenly reduced (by the computer I believe) and the console beeped displaying the following 4 checks: 1. Brake distribution 2. PSM failure 3. ABS failure 4. Battery -- also, as you can see in the pic, the battery voltage meter is maxing out. When I disengage the clutch from the engine the voltage drops some (and the brake/ PSM/ ABS messages go away and are temporarily ok) but is still running significantly higher than what I'm used to seeing. Could this high voltage be damaging to the electronics system? Presumably there's something going on with the voltage regulator. Does the ABS/ PSM turn off automatically for saftey when there are voltage spikes?
      My battery is an Interstate and is ~ 1yr old. This seems to me like the alternator (possibly the voltage regulator). I realize it would be better if I had a Durametric to hook it up to and get the exact error codes off of. That may need to be done to properly diagnose what's going on here.
      Thanks in advance for any help/input.
      Cheers,
      Alex

• By rting
      (60,000km on the odometer) Now the car is completely dead with no Interior lights anywhere.  Car was sitting there with a charger on timer charging for maybe an hour per day for a month while I was on vacation.  The CD/radio was making a clicking sound prior to and I thought the battery needs a boost to start after a month.  Now nothing!

Well almost nothing - behind the dash board there is some very weak clicking/sound.

Thought I ask here first - before towing it to the Porsche dealership. ?
    • By Anthonygallimore
      I just recently put a new battery in my 2000 Porsche Boxster and now my radio is requesting a 4 digit code. It is a cdr 220 radio, Becker 1. Type 4462. And the serial number is y5043037. Please HELP if anyone knows how to remedy this. Thank you!
    • By Philip54
      The battery of my car has been disconnected for about 2 weeks.  Are there any issues to be expected when I reconnect the battery and start the car again?

Also, on one of the electrodes  I cannot get the specified torque. The 2 lugs on the wire don't stay parallel.  Anything that I can do besides replacing the wire?

Thanks
    • By Philip54
      I am considering keeping a jump starter portable external battery  in the car.  I am wondering if this battery could be used, when connected to the car electrical system through the cigarette lighter socket, to power the car electrical system to allow me to drive back home in case the alternator fails and the car battery is low.  Vendors claim that the car could even be started using the external battery connected through the cigarette lighter socket.

Is there any risk of damaging any car electrical system components doing this?

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.