Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

white smoke after aos replacement

• Moderators

A quick look seems to confirm what you are finding. We bought ours several years ago from a local lab supply house that was later acquired by a larger firm, and a search seem to show they have gone now to all digital inches of water measurement equipment, starting at around $100. Someone out there must still make the old style mechanical gauge...........

OK, found something similar on Amazon, higher range, but still workable: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002E81ZC8/ref=biss_dp_t_asn So they do still exist.........

OK guys, this is TTTTOO cool. I got the WIKA gauge JFP found. It has a standard threaded fitting on the back for NPT compressor stuff. It looks very heavy duty and is quite heavy. If you look at 6 olck just above the WIKA label you will see a calibration screw. Very cool. The new Oil cap is coming. I do believe I can drill and thread right into the top of the cap and mount the gauge directly with epoxy support. Better yet I think it will actually fit under the hood! I can keep it on all the time if the heat does not get to it.

I will take pictures when the job is done.

Edited by Mijostyn

• Moderators

OK, found something similar on Amazon, higher range, but still workable: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002E81ZC8/ref=biss_dp_t_asn So they do still exist.........

OK guys, this is TTTTOO cool. I got the WIKA gauge JFP found. It has a standard threaded fitting on the back for NPT compressor stuff. It looks very heavy duty and is quite heavy. If you look at 6 olck just above the WIKA label you will see a calibration screw. Very cool. The new Oil cap is coming. I do believe I can drill and thread right into the top of the cap and mount the gauge directly with epoxy support. Better yet I think it will actually fit under the hood! I can keep it on all the time if the heat does not get to it.

Ours are mounted to the oil cap and only used as a diagnostic's tool, so they don't remain in the car.

Ours are mounted to the oil cap and only used as a diagnostic's tool, so they don't remain in the car.

If it fits under the hood and is durable enough to tolerate the environment it might be handy to have on board if something happens. You need to use it on multiple cars. It probably won't clear the fan anyway. But, it is a really nice gauge. Thanx!!

• 1 month later...

hello

AOS Was changed twice ( this year ) still smoke coming out from the exhaust ( sometimes left sometimes right and both.
Also still the presence of the amount of oil inside the plenum and throttle body

The most important question

What's the reason for the oil get into plenum/throttle if i've changed AOS twice since last DECEMBER !!

vents and hoses all are ok

• Moderators

hello

AOS Was changed twice ( this year ) still smoke coming out from the exhaust ( sometimes left sometimes right and both.

Also still the presence of the amount of oil inside the plenum and throttle body

What's the reason for the oil get into plenum/throttle if i've changed AOS twice since last DECEMBER !!

Very simple: When the AOS fails, it tends to pull a lot of oil into the intake system. There are a myriad of little nooks and crannies where the oil can sit in the intake, so it comes out very slowly over time causing prolonged smoke unless you pull the entire intake off and manually clean it out.

hello

Very simple: When the AOS fails, it tends to pull a lot of oil into the intake system. There are a myriad of little nooks and crannies where the oil can sit in the intake, so it comes out very slowly over time causing prolonged smoke unless you pull the entire intake off and manually clean it out.

thanks for your reply

throttle and plenum has been cleaned twice

the problem is The oil in TB/PLNUM bcoz of oil coming from vent line and drops in the intake

What is the reason for this amount of oil seep out from AOS Through vent line Which cause the oil in TB/intake

As I mentioned above to aos Was changed 2 time

Is because of bad ring ?

post-78880-0-49436800-1394881089_thumb.j

Edited by bilba

• Moderators

hello

thanks for your reply

throttle and plenum has been cleaned twice

the problem is The oil in TB/PLNUM bcoz of oil coming from vent line and drops in the intake

What is the reason for this amount of oil seep out from AOS Through vent line Which cause the oil in TB/intake

As I mentioned above to aos Was changed 2 time

Is because of bad ring ?

Unfortunately, most of the oil from the AOS is inside the intake runners them selves, not just the area behind the throttle body. To get it all out, you literally need to remove the entire intake system and clean it manually. If left alone, it will burn off over time, but how much time depends upon how much oil is in there.

If they changed the vent line when they did the AOS, there should be no oil in it. If it is a new vent line, and it has oil in it, I would suggest getting a leak down test run on the engine to make sure it is sealing tightly.

• Moderators

we didnt change any vent line just the AOS

i will wait some days and see

thanks JFP

When you get an AOS going south, you really should change everything connected to it as there will be built up oil residue in them. People often skip this to save money, but it is false economy because you usually end up going back and changing it later.