Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Okay, being an old man with a bad back, cleaning the OEM '08 Cayenne S II triple spoke wheels are hazardous to my back... I decided to buy a set of the 19" Cayenne Design wheels. I also was not fond of the sidewall profile of the OEM tires and 18x8 wheel... I don't like tires that are significantly wider than the wheel... thus the 19x9 wheels.

The used set of OEM wheels came with 2 sizes mounted... 255/50/19 and the OEM 275/45/19. With the slightly narrower tread width on the 255, both are similar in total section width. I am pondering sizes... the OEM 275/45/19 or the newer OEM for the 19x8.5 wheels, 265/50/19.

Tire brand is a delima, the OEM when I bought the '08 Cayenne S at 62K were the Michlein Latitude H/P ... I now have 80K on the car and really can't tell how much the tires have worn. Sidewall cracking is more of an issue than tread life at this point. The new 265/50/19 110V N0 Michlein Latitude H/P is a LLR tire with a higher load rating and cheaper than the 275/45

The usual delima is Wear, Handling, Tread life and Noise ... having a tough time deviating from the Michlein because of the acceptable performance I have experienced, however they are more expensive than many other Porsche approver tires.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Glen

Continental Extreme Contact DWS are the best tires in my opinion. I have gone through most of the tires for the Cayenne/Touareg as i own both and these last the longest and give a very acceptable the noise and handling in my opinion. They also have a 60K warranty where the Michelin only have 20K. I've owned Michelin, Perrelli, and Toyo and the DWS beats them hands down. Oh and did I mention Price... they are a lot cheaper than the Michelin like $400 ($926 Vs $1,364) plus Tire rack is giving out a $70 prepaid visa card or a ion wifi Pro Camera with a purchase of 4.

Check out the link.... Dan

Edited by scubatahiti

Thanks Dan, I'll consider them.

After 19K on my Michlein Latitudes, still another year if tread left (they were in the car when I bought it used) they have performed very well and going to the new LRR Michlein (265/50/19 N0) has some interest.