Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

New (to me) C4S - a few questions

I bought this 2002 C4S (picture below) a few weeks ago. I've posted a few times, but now that I've had some time to look at my options for the car, I have a few questions. My goals for the car is basically to continue what Porsche started; I want the whole enchilada. In order, I'm looking for performance, great looks, and comfort. This is a daily driver, but I plan on a little track time just for fun (working on a Miata for the track).

Questions:

1. The C4S's drive-line feels pretty sloppy in comparison to my Miata. Yes, I know they're completely different cars; the Miata is a track car, and the C4S is a daily driver, but I'd like something a little more controlled from the Porsche. I've heard good things from Function-First's transmission mount inserts, and their engine mount upgrade looks like a perfect compromise of stiffness, comfort, and price. Are there better alternatives to these two upgrades, or am I on the right track?
  2. I like the lowered look from the RÜF suspension, but the wheel fitment isn't great. I want something that's simple, more flush with the fenders, and shows off the brakes, but doesn't compromise performance - nothing goofy. What sort of dimensions should I look for? I like the 5-spoke design of Avant Garde's F330 wheels, but don't think the straight lines would go with the 996's curvier lines. Looking for something like a mixture of the OEM turbo wheels and F330's with less weight and better fitment - maybe ADV.1's ADV05.1 M.V1 SL.
  3. I'd like to open up the intake a little, but don't want to increase the wear on the engine from additional silica. Evoms' V-flow looks well engineered, and Fabspeed's competition intake is supposed to sound great, but I worry about increased wear and tear. Is there anything else I can do to improve sound and performance? Would Fabspeed's cold air upgrade kit and/or an IPD plenum be worth it, or should I just accept that I can't get better sound without sacrificing durability?
  4. After I figure out the intake, I think the better-breathing engine could really benefit from ECU/PCM tuning. I don't care about MPG or octane rating. Is the EVOMSit my best option? I haven't really seen anything else.

KQ_800.jpg