Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PIWIS not seeing all modules

Hello All,

Few months ago I bought PIWIS from ebay (T30 with piwis v29 installed + KTS 520) and everything seemed to be working fine so far, but I just noticed that it doesn't see all the modules in my Porsche 996. I scanned two cars with it and didn't find convertible top module in either of them, also it gives an error when trying to open ABS/PSM module.

I ran a PAG plug test and I got an error saying that system didn't respond. I then did some research online and found out that the cable I had was a chinese clone, not an original .504 bosch cable. The only place where I could find a working cable was here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181421870784?item=181421870784&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

I bought it, but it behaves the same way as the old one - PAG plug test fails, all modules work except for PSM and convertible top.

Any ideas what might be an issue? Does anyone have piwis VM, installation files or KTS firmware available?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick

See if local mechanic has another PIWIS and if you can check your unit and cable against his. It could also be a mudule in your KTS 520 so if he has another 520 to check against

And I think we need to know all year cars you tried your unit in.

Edited by Porschelibrarian

I tried it in my 2003 911, and also on pre-02 996. same effect.

I wanted to try another version of piwis, but wasn't able to find any working download link - all of them expired. Does anyone have v31 available?

Edited by stasiu

I suspect that if the cable is correctly wired, the KTS520 firmware is not the correct version. Version 29 should be fine to connect to all modules on a 2003 996. You will always get cable check errors with clones. It will only check genuine testers with genuine cables.

If you have a Version 29 installation disk, connect the powered-up KTS with the USB cable to the T30 and run the setup.exe file in the root directory of the DVD. Don't try to do it from within PIWIS. Reinstalling the update will flash the firmware early on in the process, and you will see it flash 3 or 4 files. Flashing takes 2-3 minutes, and the whole update about 30 minutes. If the flash screen appears for just a few seconds, then it isn't flashing properly. Some KTS520s need to have the firmware backdated to a certain version before they can be updated to the correct version for PIWIS.

• 2 months later...

I tried it in my 2003 911, and also on pre-02 996. same effect.

I wanted to try another version of piwis, but wasn't able to find any working download link - all of them expired. Does anyone have v31 available?

Hi, I had the same problem especially when perform an automatic full scan of module and solved after installation of V27.

If need more information please PM me

Bye

PS: Sorry Richard  :blush:

Edited by kenobiben