Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Durametric Questions

2003 996 Cab

Durametric v6

I just purchased a new Durametric and I am trying to get familiar with the product, but have a few questions:

1. When I try to access the rollover protect module, Durametric can't find it.

2. Some of the activations don't work, low speed fan (high works), eng. comp. purge fan, A/C comp. Haven't checked the rest.

3. When I run v5 I have an alarm code 54, but doesn't show up in v6.

I am just trying to understand what works. Is this normal?

thanks!

no ideas about 1 and 3 but 2 should work so that's definitely not normal. I have an '03 C2 and 2 works for me. Is your's a genuine Durametric or a clone?

I have a real Durametric, just arrived today from the factory.

I wondering why it can't read the rollover module? I read some where that the module is disabled from the factory, then enabled at the dealership when the car arrives there. I wonder if they forgot to enable?

Edited by mffarrell

You may want to check with Durametric then. Their support is pretty good. Usually they will ask you to log your session and send the log to them for analysis. 

It's strange though that only SOME of the activation don't work. How about the SAI pump activation?

You may want to check with Durametric then. Their support is pretty good. Usually they will ask you to log your session and send the log to them for analysis. 

It's strange though that only SOME of the activation don't work. How about the SAI pump activation?

Ok figured out why activation doesn't work, engine needs to be not running.

As far as the rollover module, I wondering if it was ever enabled?

Thanks!

I did call Durametric, they didn't seem to know much about how exactly the functions work. They told me to look at the porsche service manual.

• Moderators

no ideas about 1 and 3 but 2 should work so that's definitely not normal. I have an '03 C2 and 2 works for me. Is your's a genuine Durametric or a clone?

I wondering why it can't read the rollover module? I read some where that the module is disabled from the factory, then enabled at the dealership when the car arrives there. I wonder if they forgot to enable?

I'm not positive, but the roll over protection system may be a PIWIS only activation.  While Durametric can do a lot, it is not capable of everything the PIWIS does.

What I can tell you is that the literature say that is should be tested every two years, and describes how to do that, but only with a PIWIS system.  I did find a tech bulletin on how to turn the system transport lock off, but it also only describes using the older PST II :  http://bethnrayndogs.com/car_docs/Porsche/porsche/Porsche_Tech/Porsche_TECHNICAL_BOOKS/Tech_Bulletins/911Grp6_6-98.pdf

• Moderators

OK, been doing some more searching, found mention on Durametric' site that as of version 6.0.1.0, they added "Litronic headlight control (HBA), Roll-over protection, Park assist, and Targa control modules", but they do not stipulate if it is in both the "Pro" and "Enthusiast" versions (not all functions in the Pro system are in the Enthusiast version).

I'm not positive, but the roll over protection system may be a PIWIS only activation.  While Durametric can do a lot, it is not capable of everything the PIWIS does.

What I can tell you is that the literature say that is should be tested every two years, and describes how to do that, but only with a PIWIS system.  I did find a tech bulletin on how to turn the system transport lock off, but it also only describes using the older PST II :  http://bethnrayndogs.com/car_docs/Porsche/porsche/Porsche_Tech/Porsche_TECHNICAL_BOOKS/Tech_Bulletins/911Grp6_6-98.pdf

Thanks!

According to the Durametric website, v6 is supposed to support the rollover feature. I spoke to Owen at Durametric, and I am sending them a log file. I am just wondering if it was ever activated by the dealer when I took delivery in 2003.

• Moderators

Did some more snooping on my system (Pro version), it can read and clear roll over system related codes on a 996, but it cannot see real time information about the system and it cannot activate the system.  I did not find any support for the roll over system on the 997 cars.

Did some more snooping on my system (Pro version), it can read and clear roll over system related codes on a 996, but it cannot see real time information about the system and it cannot activate the system.  I did not find any support for the roll over system on the 997 cars.

Thanks JP. I have the enthusiast version, and you could be right that maybe that feature is only available in the pro version. I sent a log file to Owen @ Durametric. He told me it should work when I spoke to him on the phone.