Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

battery discharging

Help me out here guys, my battery is 1 year old and just about 3 weeks ago I noticed the battery is discharging every week. I usually drive my car on every other friday and its never had a problem before. Is there something common that may be draining the battery? I even went as far as pulling all switch triggered bulbs. i have the battery on the charger right now and plan to run my dvm tomorrow in between to watch from current draw. any idea how much should be draining? Also i notice when i turn on the alarm it honks now, it never had before

many thanks

eric

• Moderators

Charge your battery then drive to an auto parts place and have it tested on their machine. A battery can go bad. Does not matter if it is 1 month or 1 year old.

Normal draw is 40 milliamps.

The beep is because the car thinks something is open.

Check that the front trunk is in fact turning off the light when shut. You say you pulled all the bulbs, you got this one. What about the glove compartment (not sure this will cause the alarm to honk though, maybe pulling the bulbs has made the alarm think something is open)? My colleague's Volvo had an intermittent problem with the glovebox switch, caused the battery to drain intermittently.

Good Luck!

Charge your battery then drive to an auto parts place and have it tested on their machine.  A battery can go bad.  Does not matter if it is 1 month or 1 year old.

Normal draw is 40 milliamps.

The beep is because the car thinks something is open.

thats it? 40mA?? isnt that kinda low of draw? alarm,clock,radio all just only pulls 40mA when off?

Check that the front trunk is in fact turning off the light when shut. You say you pulled all the bulbs, you got this one. What about the glove compartment (not sure this will cause the alarm to honk though, maybe pulling the bulbs has made the alarm think something is open)? My colleague's Volvo had an intermittent problem with the glovebox switch, caused the battery to drain intermittently.

Good Luck!

is there a blove box??? lol can you show me where its all, i'm not kidding i didnt think there was a glove box

• Admin

If you have a beep when the alarm is set then there is a zone that is open. Common causes are open or broken microswitch in the center console storage, broken microswitch in the front or rear trunks, and on MY03 and later cars the glovebox.