Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How do you adjust the passenger airbag cover?

My airbag cover has come loose on the lower left corner. The dealer said it was easy to adjust but when I dropped it off they either forgot to take care of it or came back. I'd like to save myself a trip to the dealer and would prefer to just adjust it myself. I have no idea how to do it, though.

Thanks.

How do you adjust the passanger side air bag? Well...you can feed her, take her to a movie. And if she starts complaining because it's just "too cold", you can take her home and never go back to pick her up again....I used to just tell my passanger side bag to just "shut up". Worked for me.....

you don't adjust the cover itself as it has to remain loose to allow deployment of the bag. although i've never done it, i think you have to move the airbag unit towards the front of the car to snug up the cover. email me and i'll send you a diagram. there are four bolts reachable from underneath.

you don't adjust the cover itself as it has to remain loose to allow deployment of the bag. although i've never done it, i think you have to move the airbag unit towards the front of the car to snug up the cover. email me and i'll send you a diagram. there are four bolts reachable from underneath.

Thanks but I was at the dealer this morning for something else and the mechanic showed me what to do. Unfortunately the glovebox has to come off so I might do it myself but I might wait until I can drop it off.

Just in case it wasn't clear, this cover is obviously not right. What has happened is that the airbag cover on the inside corner is sticking out very loose. They said they could do it for me but apparently forgot when they had it. They said they could take care of it the next time I dropped it off.

My airbag cover has come loose on the lower left corner. The dealer said it was easy to adjust but when I dropped it off they either forgot to take care of it or came back. I'd like to save myself a trip to the dealer and would prefer to just adjust it myself. I have no idea how to do it, though.

Thanks.

Hi. Try TSB 7018, Noise in Area 5. Unfortunately it is a two man job.