Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lets Figure this out. Turbo cluster swap in a CS that doesnt have Air

Im currently trying to get a Turbo cluster swapped into my CS, but my CS doesnt have air suspension. I get a Air suspension fault message in the color display that is not removable. Both clusters are RB4. I copied the coding of my CS cluster to the turbo and the message is still there. I checked the gateway coding and they are both the same. While researching it some more I came across a post of someone saying a autoshop successfully completed the swap and it required a autologic system. I emailed both the user and autoshop and no response.Then I googled the Touareg color cluster swap and came across this site. http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f73/how-to-swap-red-mfd-for-colour-mfd-69702.html. I know its a vag-com cable and not the durametric,But hopefully the clusters are similar. In step 3 its says to go to address 19 and take note of the installed modules. The poster even says if the cluster is coded for air suspension and the vehicle doesnt have it. It will throw a error message like mine is doing and that coding address 19 will fix it. So i will have to find out how to access this "address 19" with a durametric cable. It got to late here to mess with it some more, im also going to email durametric and see if they have any ideas. So please post if you have any experience or any suggestions that i could try.

Edited by krunkymonkey

I had borrowed a vagcom cable. I put a jumper on pin 3 and 7 on back side of the vehicle's obd2 connector fired up a borrowed vagcom and did channel 19 which is the gateway l. Then coding and just hit ok. I didn't change anything and it removed the air suspension fault. It still showed faults for passenger seat memory and a couple other options I don't have, but it doesn't throw a fault on the cluster. When I used a durametric and checked the gateway before I used the vagcom it had the same code but I didn't program it. So we might be able to do it with a durametric cable.

• 1 year later...