Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I try already the search but couldnt find a post which is describing a similar problem.

My car is a Turbo S from 2005.

Already from the day i bought this used machine i had Problems with the PCM. Audio works perfect but the Display was showing nothing else than strange colours and signs. I was planning to send the unit to a Special repair shop soon.

But SURPRISE today when i started the car and switched on Radio the Display was ok. I switched from Music Channel to Channel to navi and so on. Always a display how it should be. First time since i own this car. But when i pushed the cd Button again :-(

Strange display like Before . Maybe somebody can give me a hint whats going on here?! Thank you

My 06 S just started having issues last week.  Boots with the logo then turns into all lines all button functions work.  Mine will also shut down randomly after 15 to 30 minutes.  Saw the screen replacement process looks pretty straight forward although with it randomly shutting down worth the cash for the screen?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to ask again your opinion . I almost bought a new display for some hundreds and decide to take out the Unit before to order . I disconnect and reconnect the old display. What i found out or lets say what i believe the problem is not the display itself. When i install the Unit back in place and switched on it was working. Depending on how much i push the Unit on the left side. I guess the problem is somewhere else. Could it be possible that this a ground problem or something else. The Unit is reacting on some kind of Force. Now it is inside the place where it should be but i didnt let it slide in completely . Any advise is welcome.

Sounds very much like an poor connection to the screen internally by the last screen shot seems to imply communication problems on the MOST bus since there are exclamation marks everywhere. Perhaps two different problems.

You'll pretty much only be able to get a replacement since so few places fix things these days. Probably better to get a modern unit from kenwood/alpine and a factory look surround. If you want to maintain a complete factory look you might be able to get a equivalent on eBay and have porsche program it.