Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cabriolet top fluid

• Moderators

Hi,

My 99 cab top fluid is low and the current fluid is orange, Does anyone know if pentosin CHF11S is suitable to mix, Made by Comma and is green in colour.

thanks

The oil speced for the top is Porsche part # 000-043-204-89. Pentosin CHF11S is power steering fluid.

• Moderators

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, It is power steering fluid but is a synthetic hydraulic fluid used in different applications including hydraulics for convertible roofs, I was wondering if it is ok to use/mix with the original fluid used back in 99.

Cheers

If power steering fluid was OK, Porsche would have used it, but they didn't and chose to use something specifically for the top system.  A 250ml container retails for around $50.

Hi,

When I punch the parts number you gave into ebay.uk up pops 2 different types, One from Germany with that number and it says Porsche approved Pentosin CHF11s and the other is Porsche specific fluid only in the U.S. Do you know the spec of this Porsche fluid? Cant seem to find any info on it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-911-Convertible-Top-Hydraulic-Pump-Fluid-250-ml-NEW-NS-/151512710209?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2346dc7c41

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PENTOSIN-Hydraulikol-Getriebeol-Servool-CHF-11S-1-Liter-/181528587432?pt=Autopflege_Wartung&hash=item2a43f26ca8

• Moderators

Hi,

When I punch the parts number you gave into ebay.uk up pops 2 different types, One from Germany with that number and it says Porsche approved Pentosin CHF11s and the other is Porsche specific fluid only in the U.S. Do you know the spec of this Porsche fluid? Cant seem to find any info on it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-911-Convertible-Top-Hydraulic-Pump-Fluid-250-ml-NEW-NS-/151512710209?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2346dc7c41

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PENTOSIN-Hydraulikol-Getriebeol-Servool-CHF-11S-1-Liter-/181528587432?pt=Autopflege_Wartung&hash=item2a43f26ca8

Not really, in the shop we buy it for stock and use it exclusively on customer's cars.  I have never seen anything that says the Pentosin product is acceptable for this application, including in the factory service manuals.

$_12.jpg

I know that Porsche uses the Pentosin product in their steering systems, but not the tops.

Just my .02 my top pump was running low, I bought and refilled it with Pentosin  CHF 11S, that was 2 years ago, system runs perfect and I've never had any issues; I also havn't had to add any since I topped it off.

Hi,

A few members of the UK forums have done the same with no issues, I just wonder what the specs are for the Porsche specific fluid. I called the OPC and they said they would call back but nothing yet. I have used Pentosin in all my previous cars hydraulic systems with no issues.

Thanks for you input.

• 5 years later...

I confirmed by using, as well as a reputable Porsche indie, the Pentosin CHF 11S works well without issue.  Also Pentosin CHF 202 works well if you cant find the 11S.  A friend whose had his 911 cab much longer than I uses John Deere trans/hydraulic fluid and it works well.  

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, G B said:

I confirmed by using, as well as a reputable Porsche indie, the Pentosin CHF 11S works well without issue.  Also Pentosin CHF 202 works well if you cant find the 11S.  A friend whose had his 911 cab much longer than I uses John Deere trans/hydraulic fluid and it works well.  

Welcome to RennTech :welcomeani:

Amazon carries CHF11S in stock.