Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.
Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org
- View Classified Ads
- DIY Tutorials
- Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
- VIN Decoder
- Special Offers
OBD II P-Codes
- Paint Codes
- Videos System
- View Reviews
- and get rid of this welcome message
It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE
Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)
- No ads - advertisements are removed
- Access the Contributors Only Forum
- Contributing Members Only Downloads
- Send attachments with PMs
- All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
- Option Codes Lookup
- VIN Option Lookups (limited)
Hi Guys, I am a new member of this community and I am very happy to be here.
My name is Mathias and I just bought my very first car. I am university student so I wanted a cool, sports car and as I live in Dubai, the weather is warm so a convertible was ideal. I have therefore just bought my first car, the Porsche Boxster, 2006. As this is my first car, and I have bought it as the 3rd owner. I have a lot of questions about how I should maintain the car, and hope you guys can help😎🏎
So first of all, it’s a Porsche Boxster in a beautiful red, with a black soft top, from 2006 that has driven approx. 80,000 km.
it has a beige interior.
1) the paint inside the car has scratches and shows the black color under the beige coating. How can I fix this?
2) the speakers and radio signal is very poor and I want to be able to play music via Bluetooth and aux, is this possible?
3) is it possible to set up Cameras in the car, for parking?
4) there are scratches on the exterior, and I took it to the Porsche center, and they said they do not have a perfect match to this color as they don’t make it in this specific red anymore. Is there anything I can do?
5) the leather inside is looking a little bit worn, is it possible to fix this up?
6) lastly, is there any mods, DIY upgrades or accessories you recommend I to add to this 2006 Boxster?
The navigation dvd drive in my 2006 997.1 C4S has failed. It will not eject the dvd. I want to remove the drive unit in order to attempt a repair or, if necessary, replace it. My problem is that I have been unable to remove the plastic piece that covers the dvd drive and audio amp. Porsche said "it just drops down." I have pushed, pulled, and cursed at the cover but it will not budge. I hesitate to use a tool as a lever for fear of breaking the cover.
Do I need to eat more Wheaties so I can pull harder on the cover, or am I just missing a simple solution?
Hey! Just got my first Porsche, a 2009 Cayenne and love it!
The bluetooth connectivity in PCM is killing me though. Can't get it to pair, not with iPhone 5 nor with a Nokia Lumia 930.
My iPhone finds the " PCM" in bluetooth settings, I get to enter the code in both devices even. But after entering the code, I get "Connection failed". The other way around, PCM does not find iPhone at all when I "Search for phone". Is this an issue with bluetooth antenna or something, or could a software upgrade on PCM likely help? Bluetooth is enabled on PCM of course. The car has a SIM slot as well but I suppose that has nothing to do with this.
I would like to make calls as well as stream audio to the car. Any ideas, others having faced similar issues?