Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Replacement wheel lugs

I just cleaned mine with alcohol to get all the dirt, etc, off and painted them chrome. Turned out fantastic. For $5 you can't go wrong. I bought the paint at Pep Boys and it's called Bumper Chrome. I figured I would try it on one lug and if I didn't like it then I would replce it. Much better than buying chrome lugs for $10+ each!

Here is the link to the product I used.

http://www.plastikote.com/plastikote/auto/...ct=BumperChrome

Anyone found a source for replacement wheel lugs for the 996? I replaced my wheels and now the original lugs look really tired. Is it possible to repaint them?

Thanks for your help.

Wheel bolts for some reason show wear prematurely even when you aren't messing with tightening them down. I must have replaced 2-3 sets on all wheels. Now I just keep them real clean with a metal polish. (Someone said Flitz is good). Every once in a while I do some touch up with a closely matched touch up paint that I get from Shucks (Kragan or Checkers depending on what part of the country you live in...I think it was a Toyota silver...anyway its real close) And when and if they begin to look real grody I'll replace them again...

Mine show some signs of corrosion. Can you take that off with a product like "Flitz" as well?

BTW, I once heard of an Italian who bought himself a set of Titanium wheel lugs. They looked great, where said to reduce unsprung weight and cost a little fortune. Dunno where he bought it though B)

Guys,

I am not impressed with your surfing ability finding the little things that cost so much, yet mean so little.

There's plenty of money to be spent on mundane items such as lug nuts.

Open up those wallets and let the moths escape!

Cha-bling!

http://www.wheelenhancement.com/index.php?...4d55ff8dc6b1d65

PS. Titanium lugs were something to the tune of $400/set and there were issues with galling and breakage.

Regards,

BD

Edited by Bostonduce