Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Dension gwl1mo1 install issue

So I had the CDC turned on this morning by my local indy.  The I competed install of the Dension gateway lite gwl1mo1 when the correct optical cable arrived this afternoon.  I did the car configuration for Porsche.  I have no audio whatsoever from the headunit.  Its odd because I did- that is, things worked (it played my dash CD, FM, and detected the usb and the iPod reading CDC on the headunit) and then it didn't.  

Any suggestions.  Do I need to have the CDC activated while it is connected?

So I had the CDC turned on this morning by my local indy.  The I competed install of the Dension gateway lite gwl1mo1 when the correct optical cable arrived this afternoon.  I did the car configuration for Porsche.  I have no audio whatsoever from the headunit.  Its odd because I did- that is, things worked (it played my dash CD, FM, and detected the usb and the iPod reading CDC on the headunit) and then it didn't.  

Any suggestions.  Do I need to have the CDC activated while it is connected?

A few things. Do you have the Dension connected to a 12V source that is always hot? What input on the Dension are you using? The USB input or the Ipod input? What specific device are you connecting?

thanks for response, Machster.  Its working today!  When I got in to run over to the shop it connected and everything works as advertised.

I connected to the battery terminal and a solid ground on the body.  I can listen to either usb drive or iPod.  If the problem arises again I'll recheck all my connections as something could be loose.  I know I've wired the optical cables correctly or it wouldn't work at all, and I'm confident that if it's a loose connections it's not in the ipod cable since that and usb work (or nothing does).

Now to burn all my CDs to usb...

thanks for response, Machster.  Its working today!  When I got in to run over to the shop it connected and everything works as advertised.

I connected to the battery terminal and a solid ground on the body.  I can listen to either usb drive or iPod.  If the problem arises again I'll recheck all my connections as something could be loose.  I know I've wired the optical cables correctly or it wouldn't work at all, and I'm confident that if it's a loose connections it's not in the ipod cable since that and usb work (or nothing does).

Now to burn all my CDs to usb...

I was using a flash drive until I got the Iphone 6. It is much easier to select music, and has better feedback. It is difficult to choose music with the flash drive since it thinks it is a CD changer.

Agreed, the iPod gives much more control-ability.

Since it thinks the usb is a remote cd changer it "sees" only 6 "CDs."  You can put an album or collection (playlist) into each "CD" but if you have more than six the rest (after the first 6 by alphabetical naming) aren't seen.

I'm using a gen3 iPod and have ordered a 30pin to lightning adaptor (not from dension) and we'll see if that will allow me to also use the itunes that I have on my iPhone6.  Cheers!

I have some pics of install if anyone is interested, too.