Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Rear wing strange noise

Dear Users,

I've never noticed it before but today, as I was playing with the console buttons of my car on park.

When I make the rear wing goes upward, everything goes fine.

However, when I make the rear wing folds down, just before it completely sets itself down, I have a strange 'gronnnk' noise.

I've repeated the operation several times, and I still have the 'gronnnk' noise at the end of the folding action.

Well, is that normal to have that 'gronnnk' noise? [no...there are no mices or strange animals complaining of the rear wing motion in the engine compartment.]

Would that be because I wash my car too often (every two weeks or so) ?

Does you car make this same noise?

If no, what remedy should I opt for?

Edited by zacharie

You won't necessarily have a less powerful car since the car has a memory that adapts to your driving habits as well as other factors (like gas sensors, etc.). Go put a 1/4 tank of 100 octane when you are on empty next time and go drive (spirited) for a bit and you will get a good idea of what the car can do powerwise with great gas!

Thank you Orient Express, I'll put some WD-40 on the hinges as you mentioned.

LVDell, is it true that my car has a memory that adapts to my driving habits? I've never

known a car capable of such functions before. Thank you for your advice. I'll remember it.

Yup...one of the great things about these cars. Here's a little snipet from Porsche:

Electronic engine management is one of the most effective means of achieving optimum engine performance at all times. In the 911 model range, this function is performed with precision by the Motronic ME7.8 engine management system. Its principal role is to control the electronic throttle valve, a prerequisite for Porsche Stability Management (optional equipment on the 911 Targa).

In addition, the engine management system controls all functions and assemblies directly related to the engine (see diagram). All Motronic functions are electronically regulated and based on a continuous supply of carefully monitored input data. The results are optimized fuel consumption and lower exhaust emissions under all driving conditions, as well as increased performance and torque.

Another important task of engine management is cylinder-specific knock control, a function that prevents cylinders and pistons from being damaged at high revs. Since all six cylinders never operate under exactly the same conditions, knocking is controlled separately for each cylinder, with ignition timing adjusted individually where necessary.

post-315-1114357077_thumb.jpg

Great Info LVDell, Thank you for having taken the time to scan and report the document in the forum.

I've never been aware of that before. It's always great to get new things discovered and learnt from Porsche enthusiasts.

My sincere gratitude!