Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

GT3 Cup Drop Links

I'm replacing the OE non-adjustable sway bar drop links with the adjustable cup links. Everything came apart without a problem with the exception of the front upper connection point. Do I have to disassemble the whole suspension to get this out or is there a magical way of sneaking the link off the mount? The rears were very close but ultimately had just enough room to squeeze the upper mount out. No such luck with the fronts. My current solution is to cut the link at the top and just leave the top mount where it is, as the new links use a different mounting spot.

wow, that sounds crazy. Unless I am mistaken, is the problem that you're not using a torx in the center with a ratchet on it set clockwise, and a ratcheting endwrench on the nut turning counterclockwise?

I can't say for what mine is because I have trg pieces and didn't put them in, but with most Porche suspension stuff this is the trick-

wow, that sounds crazy. Unless I am mistaken, is the problem that you're not using a torx in the center with a ratchet on it set clockwise, and a ratcheting endwrench on the nut turning counterclockwise?

I can't say for what mine is because I have trg pieces and didn't put them in, but with most Porche suspension stuff this is the trick-

SPR,

To remove the GT3 OE links you need to place a narrow wrench on the inside to prevent the shaft from turning and a socket on the outside. There's no problem getting the nut off, it's getting the rod end out of the support. It's like in a small box, surrounded on four sides by the support with the bolt protruding through one of the sides. To remove the rod end you need to move the piece back about 1 1/4" to clear to bolt extending through the support, the problem is there is only about 1/2" between the back of the rod end and the support behind it. Everything is loose but no room to get the stud past the hole to allow removal. It appears that the whole support section needs to be dissembled to remove this piece. It looks like the link is placed into it's position and then the rest is assembled. So I just hacked off the link at the top and left the upper rod end in place. It doesn't hurt anything being there as the new ones mount to either side of this mounting.

It's always something......

Ray

Oh, now I see what you meant. well fWIW, I don't remember offhand how the strut attaches, but on my pss9's and I am sure they are the same, there is that bolt that pinches them into the hub basically. If you loosen this you can actually move the hub down and give you some more room maybe. Also can you turn the strut/wheels to give you more opening? Sorry it's hard to imagine as I tossed the stock stuff a while back and it's in a box at a friends house in CO. :)

It is always something huh? at least the part is not in your cycl. head!!

Edited by SPR