Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
Hi Guys, I am a new member of this community and I am very happy to be here.
My name is Mathias and I just bought my very first car. I am university student so I wanted a cool, sports car and as I live in Dubai, the weather is warm so a convertible was ideal. I have therefore just bought my first car, the Porsche Boxster, 2006. As this is my first car, and I have bought it as the 3rd owner. I have a lot of questions about how I should maintain the car, and hope you guys can help😎🏎
So first of all, it’s a Porsche Boxster in a beautiful red, with a black soft top, from 2006 that has driven approx. 80,000 km.
it has a beige interior.
1) the paint inside the car has scratches and shows the black color under the beige coating. How can I fix this?
2) the speakers and radio signal is very poor and I want to be able to play music via Bluetooth and aux, is this possible?
3) is it possible to set up Cameras in the car, for parking?
4) there are scratches on the exterior, and I took it to the Porsche center, and they said they do not have a perfect match to this color as they don’t make it in this specific red anymore. Is there anything I can do?
5) the leather inside is looking a little bit worn, is it possible to fix this up?
6) lastly, is there any mods, DIY upgrades or accessories you recommend I to add to this 2006 Boxster?
Hi all,I know that there has been a lot of talk regarding fitting rear speakers to a 981 Boxster . I have a 2014 GTS with sound system plus and I am very keen to add speakers behind the seats to fill in the sound. Is there a way of either enabling the fader on the PCM and then wiring the rear speakers to the amplifier under the seat ? Alternatively,connecting the rear speakers with a resistor of 16 ohms in parallel with the front speakers?
Hi guys. On my 07' CS (987) I need to change my CDR-24 to an aftermarket radio, so I have purchased the following Items as I wanted to have a try at fitting myself (as10yrs ago i used to install my own). Head unit - Pioneer AVH-8800BT Facia - Connects2 CT23PO03 Cable - Connects2 CTSP0005.2 From looking through the instructions for the CTSP0005.2 it shows that I need to connect wires for Speed Pulse/Park Brake/Reverse, does this mean that I also need to purchase the Paser UNICAN? r is there another way I can pickup Thanks
I have issue with CR220 on 2002 Porsche Boxster Base, it didn't power on at first so here is the progress I made sofar
- Read the blogs/youtube and removed the radio after purchasing the radio removal tool from Walmart (~$6)
- Found the fuse behind the radio was blown (10Amp), replaced it with one from local auto store
- now the radio is ON but prompting for **CODE**, thanks to Renntech got the code to unlock it
- Entered the CODE now the radio seems to be working but NO audio !!!
- Looked at the service manual and fuse details since some of the blogs pointed me to fuse box and the fuse for the AMP.
- The 7.5Amp fuse was blown on the fuse box ROW D and Number 9 (D9). So while I am waiting for the fuse to arrive (from amazon) I - - had a 15AMP fuse handy and tried to insert it but there was a spar when I tried to do that !!!, guessing a short to the ground some where down the wires.
- So started to remove Audio related modules from the front of the trunk. And found two Bose modules one seems to be the AMP big black casing with lot of vent holes. And there is another module don't know what it is. After I disconnected the wiring connectors from these modules I was able to insert the D9 fuse in the fuse box. So I am guessing there is something is wrong with the AMP or the other Bose module.
Did you see similar problem ? What are these two modules for ? there 3 connectors going to these two modules. Any ideas on how to fix it or get it repaired (i don't know which one of these two has the issue or short)