Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Mysterious CEL, misfire codes, all sorts of other codes ..

Here's a mystery to ponder. Today my wife drove the '06 997S Cab in the rain. After a couple of miles the CEL started blinking, the engine started running with much hesitation (going downhill at about 35 mph). Then CEL went on solid. She called me, we swapped cars and I drove the 997 home. Can't say that it felt much different.

I read the codes - see attached images - with the durametric. There's:

• P0300: misfiring checksum error
  • P0301: misfiring cylinder 1
  • P0302: misfiring cylinder 2
  • P0306: misfiring cylinder 6
  • P0300: misfiring checksum error
  • P0302: misfiring cylinder 2
  • 8035: left seat heater
  • C152: communication PSM control unit (drive)
  • 8014: POSIP LIN no communication
  • 8004: Terminal 50
  • C131: Communication gateway control unit (CAN comfort)
  • 8007: Gateway incorrect coding
  • C122: Communication driver's door control unit (comfort)
  • C123: Communication passenger's door control unit (comfort)
  • 8042: Front luggage compartment unlocking
  • 8029: Right fog light
  • 8009: Door h. button, inner sh. stroke
  • C102: CAN single wire operation "comfort"
  • 8007: No load on left subwoofer

So, after capturing the screen shots I erased all codes and took her for a test drive. No issues on the drive. The only codes after the drive were:

• 8007: Gateway incorrect coding
  • 8009: Door h. button, inner sh. stroke
  • 8007: No load on left subwoofer

Those all seem benign and explained - except the subwoofer but that's not a high priority to troubleshoot.

So, what do you think? What may have cause this? Spark plugs are 4 1/2 years old (24,000 miles) and I was going to replace them end of this month as a matter of routine. Besides the Denison BT GW and a Smarttop module everything else is stock (PSE, PASM, leather interior, power memory seats, steering wheel with controls, navigation, CD changer, Sport Chrono, dimming mirrors).

My theory? Either

• some connector got wet causing all this, or
  • the revs dropped due to misfire from bad fuel in stop and go traffic causing voltage fluctuation leading to all sorts of faults registering.

Looking forward to your thoughts and direction.

post-37870-0-94208300-1457758998_thumb.j

post-37870-0-17265500-1457759011_thumb.j

post-37870-0-30355400-1457759021_thumb.j

post-37870-0-68172000-1457759030_thumb.j

post-37870-0-12140200-1457759039_thumb.j

Good luck with this, I think the 

• 8007: No load on left subwoofer   is caused by the Dension because I always get this too!  It is good advice to replace plugs and coils, I did mine when I got the car so I had a starting point to work from. Also did oil change filter,coolant, stat, air filter and belt.

• 2 weeks later...

As others have already mentioned, I vote for coils being worn out given the age of the car.  If you can jack up the back of the car and remove the rear wheels it is possible to get a good at the coil packs with a good light source and a mechanics mirror. You're looking for cracks in plastic casing and/or clear epoxy sealant on the face of the coil used to weather proof it.  Once  moisture is able to enter the coil pack they are toast. 

• 4 months later...

Thanks for all input. I replaced spark plugs and coils. When I did I found that the coil on the left middle cylinder was loose - both screws were missing. I guess that would explain the misfire ....