Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hello peeps,

I'm a new Porsche owner, i purchased in December a non runner for some parts, Boxster 2.7 2003 year, fixed some issues but still have one...at least,

First time in the day when i will drive the car all will work ok, after 5-10min the led for the gearbox will start flashing between D and 4, the gears are still shifting up and down...if i will stop the engine the car will start in safe mode with 4th gear connected only, i can delete the error from diagnose and again will work until i will stop the engine.

The error is P1759, i replaced already the oil and the filter for the gearbox however the car was barely run as it wasn't street legal.

Any idea anyone what could be the cause..?

Edited by Daniel Trofin

P1749 Version coding - signal implausible

Possible causes:
- Open circuit - Wiring
- Short circuit to ground - Tiptronic control module

Thank you Loren,

It is true that the tiptronic is not working, they changed the steering wheel for me and i was thinking they didn't connect the wires for +/-,i was planning to remove the airbag this days and see what is under.

Any suggestion, should i look at the gearbox module/plugs or could be something easy from steering contacts only...?

If it worked before the steering wheel change and now it does not then that is likely a good place to start.

This is the issue, the car was a non runner, from the start the gearbox was in safe mode, i replaced the oil and the filter, the guy from the service told me that the control unit for tiptronic might be the fault and they need to reinstall the software, they already did the same for the DME unit...till then i will remove the steering and check the connection there as well, 

• 1 month later...

Few updated, they opened the DME of the transmission, informed me that there is water inside and parts need to be changed, we replaced, they wrote the software again on both ECU and DME to be paired...now they mounted on the car and still not working, they are saying that car electrics might be changed/adapted from a manual car, AC also is not working because as per them DME doesn't send the signal to ventilators to start...i'm starting to believe that i need new mechanics, they also said that there is no error on the diagnose but the gear is still in Safe mode and no AC... :censored: