Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

06 Porsche Cayenne, No A/C, HELP

I have a 2006 Porsche Cayenne S, and my A/C is intermittently working. Everything works fine on the dash, just does not blows cold all the time.

I have scanned for codes with my Durametric, and the only code in the A/C is: 1299 Implausible Gateway signal. I have cleared the codes, but it immediately comes back.

Upon looking at actual values, engine shows A/C Compressor OFF & Refrigerant Pressure shows 192. I have replaced the A/C compressor with brand new, no change.

What else do I need to check to diagnose this issue properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please advise.

Readings from Durametric tool. Upon looking at actual values, engine shows A/C Compressor OFF & Refrigerant Pressure shows 192 & 7-10 bar. At certain times, the A/C Compressor will show ON and A/C blows great. I have replaced the A/C compressor with brand new, no change. At times, the Air Quality sensor value says 0 and others it says 1. At one point, I was pretty sure once it said 1, the A/C started blowing cold, but cannot confirm that for sure, usually always says 0.

What else do I need to check to diagnose this issue properly? It appears something is causing the A/C compressor to command OFF instead of ON, just not sure why.

IMG_1829.JPG

IMG_1839.JPG

IMG_2426.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

IMG_6489.JPG

IMG_6507.JPG

IMG_8037.JPG

IMG_8596.JPG

IMG_9470.JPG

I'm not familiar with Cayenne at all but your evap sensor readings are all around -3~+5C, which can't be true if the a/c is not operating. I wonder if the sensor is reading low temp falsely and that prevents the a/c from turning on...because the evap temp is detected as very low (when in reality it's not).

• 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Uhh, having a car like that and having no needle is tight. Especially when it's really hot outside and you have to do something so that the tin in the car is cool. What I can advise you is not to rush to change the entire air conditioning system. He's very expensive and I don't think he has ros. I did such a stupid thing. You will initially have to unfasten and clean it, only then you will understand what your problem really is. And if you still want to change some piece, you are advised to go on https://www.socool.sg/pricing/. here are also suitable prices, but also good quality