Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

cayenne pcm wont turn on with key turned

On 2017/1/7 at 8:01 AM, troyporsche said:

Yes the jet washe is working but the wiper just not moved.

I just thought maybe that was due to the xenon ballast?

I just changed the ballast and the starter then after all the pcm and wiper were not working. 

I bought the ballast from xenonland. Well I did order by the factory part number but endup they sent me the part 970.618.143.02 instead and they told me that was the latest part number. My mechanic told me they couldnt find the xenon unit and the pcm in the computer now...

On 2017/1/7 at 4:44 PM, lewisweller said:

Cytte refer to my previous post you must be 110% sure the battery is in top shape or you are chasing your own a*s around in a circle. 

Use a battery maintainer for a night and check it in the morning, or just replace the battery if it doesn't check out. 

You know when I had a no start situation I strip out my starter and found it to be fine, but I stripped it completely down cleaned up everything, bench tested and put it back togther. I subsequently found the alternator was jammed causing the no start. But anyway the point I'm making is after I got it all Fixed the car started so much better because I had simply cleaned up the starter motor internals, brushes and all cable connections reducing the resistances. 

This car is the worst for anything remotely voltage drop related. As the winter has come more and more people have posted with weird stuff happening and quite a few just needed a new battery (but not all). 

Cytte is it possible your worn but working starter was affected by your possibly failing battery? Maybe just a new battery and a starter clean up would have been a Fix as opposed to a new starter which will run on the failing battery because it's new and has less internal resistance? Alot of maybes I know but you gotta think outside the box a little when faced with these conundrums. 

Maybe your pcm is fudged and I'm talking nonsense. 

Thanks for your reply.

I had my new batt replaced in just 3months ago thats why I didnt think about that was related to the batt before. 

My starter seems working badly before as it needed more than 5 times to make it start. The new one seems working well now.

Anyway I ll try to measure the the voltage again tonight and see. Or I ll disconnect the batt for awhile.

Disconnected the batt for a night but no luck.

Will try put on a new batt or what next week. Annoying.

I finally figured out why the PCM and the wiper not working, it is the headlamp ballast!

I bought the ballast from Xenonland.

https://xenonland.com/productv/40573/hella-xenon-ballast-control-unit-for-porsche-cayenne-2007-2010.html

They gave me the part 97061814302 and insist thats compatible to my cayenne though I believe the part should be 955631194xx.

I unplugged the ballast and everything back to normal including the pcm and the wiper.

When I plugged that in, the headlamp worked but some of the electronics control unit were lost and could not be read from the diagnosis.