Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
My 2002 C4 Cabrio top more often than not, will fail to open or close when using the switch. It always works (up/down) when I operate it with the key.
Condition under which the top will consistently work:
* insert key into the door lock
* turn left or right and hold
* top goes up/down respectively
Conditions under which the top INconsistently works:
* Key on the ingition (engine running or not)
* e-brake engaged all the way
* door(s) open or close
* activate the convertible switch
* Sometimes the top will go Down, but most times the top indicator on the dashboard will blink 4 times and nothing happens
* Sometimes the top will go UP, but most times I'll get the 4 blinks
* Sometimes the top will go UP/Down without any issues, under the same conditions.
Battery is less than two months old, and have no indication that the battery may be the root of the problem
All joints on the top are properly lubricated
Do not hear any grinding noises, and when the top moves, the top motor is smooth and quiet
I've read all I could find on this topic and I'm leaning towards a microswitch, Shouldn't the 4 blinks indicate which microswitch to replace? how do I test each?
By Thomas Pxrry
Recently I developed a glovebox light issue on my boxster 987 s
I Attempted to replace glove box light with led and now it doesn't work at all, even with the standard bulb is put back that worked before, nothing.
Attempted to swap with the footwell bulb and light housing, nothing
Following this when locking the car the horn would sound
So ... I Replaced the cable attached to the bulb holder part 99761265100 (glove box wiring harness). This includes a small metal switch that is pushed into a holder at the back of the glovebox
This solved half of the problem, The car horn no longer sounds when locking
However the light in the glovebox still is not working
Swapped it again with the working footwell light and still nothing
All of the other lights I replaced work perfectly.
As I am aware there is no fuse for this bulb
So how is it fixed. Even porsche themselves are confused????