Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Newly Installed full FVD Exhaust throwing off Oxygen Sensors

I installed a complete Used FVD Brombacher exhaust this weekend. Headers, Cats, Mufflers, 02 Sensors. When installing the FVD exhaust I noticed that the post catalytic O2 sensors were on opposite sides of the stock headers. (2001 C2 Manual) The leads were not long enough to go to the opposite side connectors. So I plugged them into the sockets closest to them. I was able to drive for about 30 miles until the CEL light came on. I noticed the idle was a little off, would fluctuate between the 760 - 860 range I think . Car drove fine. When I got back home I checked the codes.

P01030 O2 Sensor Curcuit Bank 1
P1133
P1130 Oxygen Sensing
P1126 Oxygen Sensing
P0300 Random Misifre Detected
P0306 Misfire Cyl 6
P0304 Mis Cyl 4
P0305 Mis Cyl 5

02 Sensor Output 0.0v Bank 1 Sensor 1

I hope you enjoyed my drawings. beerchug.gif

Would this be due to the post cat O2 sensors be plugged into the opposite connectors? Plugs and tubes were replaced about 6K ago, all the coils looked fine. The 02 sensors came on the exhaust. Could this just be a bad O2 sensor? Would it be advisable to get the DME re tuned for the new exhaust?'

Thanks!

Exhaust Diagram 1.JPG

Exhaust Diagram 2.JPG

• Moderators
7 hours ago, JayAre said:

I installed a complete Used FVD Brombacher exhaust this weekend. Headers, Cats, Mufflers, 02 Sensors. When installing the FVD exhaust I noticed that the post catalytic O2 sensors were on opposite sides of the stock headers. (2001 C2 Manual) The leads were not long enough to go to the opposite side connectors. So I plugged them into the sockets closest to them. I was able to drive for about 30 miles until the CEL light came on. I noticed the idle was a little off, would fluctuate between the 760 - 860 range I think . Car drove fine. When I got back home I checked the codes.

P01030 O2 Sensor Curcuit Bank 1
P1133
P1130 Oxygen Sensing
P1126 Oxygen Sensing
P0300 Random Misifre Detected
P0306 Misfire Cyl 6
P0304 Mis Cyl 4
P0305 Mis Cyl 5

02 Sensor Output 0.0v Bank 1 Sensor 1

I hope you enjoyed my drawings. beerchug.gif

Would this be due to the post cat O2 sensors be plugged into the opposite connectors? Plugs and tubes were replaced about 6K ago, all the coils looked fine. The 02 sensors came on the exhaust. Could this just be a bad O2 sensor? Would it be advisable to get the DME re tuned for the new exhaust?'

Thanks!

Exhaust Diagram 1.JPG

Exhaust Diagram 2.JPG

Most likely.