Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Solved !!A/C issue: works when ignition is On but not when running

I hooked up the gauge to both low and High sides. Not sure if I am reading this right but both low and high sides are around 110 PSI . Please see the attached pic.

The reading remained the same while engine on or off. Does this look right?

Thanks

IMG_2012.JPG

First of all thank you all for your support and advices. you guys rock!!!  I finallyfigured out what the issue was …it is the ignition lock/tumbler. When I turned the key all the way to the right and start the car, the A/C would not come on, however when the key is turn back about a hair to left then the A/C comes on.

When I researched my issue few weeks ago I saw an old post which referenced A/C issues to the ignition but my ignition is not sticky or loose so I ruled that out. I think it is time to replace the lock assembly but first I have to returned bunch of expensive parts I bought but didn’t end up using J

Thanks all!!! I really appreciate all your help, Ahsai special thanks to you my man!!!

Edited by chamilka

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:56 PM, Ahsai said:

Glad you've found your problem. Just curious when your a/c doesn't work, can you try if your wipers work? They get power from the same circuit after the igniti switch.

I will test it tonight and let you know

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:00 AM, judgejon said:

As perhaps a final thought, what are you planning to do?

Replace the tumbler, or the entire lock mechanism?

there are some DIY posts on both replacements, but both are a bit advanced for me to tackle.

good luck on whatever you decide to do.

I had done this in the past, I think it was my 2000 Boxster and the procedures should be same for 996. I think I changed the Steering Column Lock assembly , it was very expensive to rekey the tumbler through Porsche.

• 2 weeks later...