Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)
Sign in to follow this  
MyCarIsRed

New sunroof felt strip fitting

How do I replace the strip myself. Is there a pdf of steps to go through?

Which is the best glue to use?

Ive bought the strip from Porsche Main Dealer. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ninedragons986
      For some reason my front drivers side speaker was going in and out then cut out completely. As a result I swapped out the speaker with another 4" speaker.  I kept the existing plug and cut everything else out. I used the ring from the original to hold it down, but I cut small slots for the new speakers feet. Here are the photos but I did not make many notes. 

After I install the speaker I noticed that it did not work but did work with volume turned up high. I tested it with the other front jack before soldering it all together. I also add a dab of plastic glue on sides since there was no screw.   I had a hack saw but did not use it. The mini dremel was cool.

It might be worth noting that the red and yellow wires on the head unit needed to be reversed despite the diagram. Just look at the Crutchfield website and you will see it. I also swapped out the radio. I am going to sell it. It was a CDR-210. I am suspecting  that my problem is the amp and that particular channel.  Forgive the pictures I had shared it on my Facebook Story lol ?

• By beesting97
      The key is stuck in the ignition of my 97 986.  Gently added a lubricant and managed to get it to the "off" position however it will not come out.  Disconnected the battery (leaving trunk open).  Any advice regarding repairing this myself?  Read that audi parts could be used.  All advice welcome
    • By royp4
      I am posting this hoping it will benefit someone. I have a 2003 996 c2 cab. Recently the brake lights went out. After screwing with the brake pedal switch, I discovered that it needed to be replaced. Manually depressing switch with my finger showed that this was an intermittent problem. The interesting part of this is that I found that when the switch went out, neither the hazard flashers nor the cruise control would work. After replacing the switch, all these problems resolved. The switch is in a hard to reach location {of course}. While I could visualize the switch by lying on my back in the driver's side footwell, I had no room to manipulate. After a couple of hours of frustration and cursing, I found that I could manipulate and change the switch by sitting in the driver's seat and blindly removing and replacing the switch.
    • By jbp
      The sunroof on my 2005 C2 S is struggling to open/close properly because (I think) the lubrication on the spiral cables is old and gummed up. I would like to remove the cables so that I can clean and re-lubricate them. Can anyone advise the easiest way to do this? I'm really hoping someone knows how to do this without having to remove the headlining and frame etc. 
    • By GTSWade
      Good evening everyone,

I'm new at using forums so excuse me if I am not posting in the correct location but I really need some advice and assistance.
      I live just outside of Waco, TX and last Thursday as I was driving my son to school down I-35 we hear a loud boom, almost like a gun went off. My son looks up and see and hears the glass has broken on the sunroof (not the entire panaoramic just the front part). There were no cars around us, nothing hit us nor did we hit the sunroof from within, it basically self exploded like it was under immense pressure as the glass went up instead of down. Thankfully the suncreen netting caught some of the glass but there was damage to the body/paint on the rear section of the roof. I was warm in our garage 75 degrees +/- but the outside temps were low 40's high 30's that morning then the sun came out in force so not sure that had anything to do with it, cabin pressure, etc. Now here is the issue. I call Park Place Porsche in Dallas where we bought our last 3 Cayenne's they send a tow truck to pick it up that morning, do not hear from them until 7pm tonight and I am not happy. They are telling me since their service tech manager cannot figure out how this happened they will not warranty it....REALLY? So they can deny warranty because they can't explain it? Now I am set to call and talk to the service manager  and/or the head of the dealership because I'm not buying it, I've done my research over the weekend and this has become a big issue with sunroofs over the years and it's not an unknown thing (even though they are playing dumb). What can I do?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.