The RennTech.org community is Member supported!  Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating.
Click here to Donate

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

The common coolant pipe issue seems to only affect the V8 Cayenne's. I'm wondering if my coolant leak is a common problem too. I've been losing coolant on my 3.6 V6 Cayenne at a fairly slow rate compared to the other more common issue. I'm having to top it off about once every month or two. Last weekend I was changing the oil and started investigating the leak. It looks to be coming from a black plastic coolant hose fitting on the back of the engine, passenger side.

Has anyone seen this problem before? I'm wondering if there is just a bad o-ring behind that fitting or if the whole part needs to be replaced. And if anyone knows the part number for this I would greatly appreciate that too!

Thanks

IMG_8475_LI_Moment(2).jpg

IMG_8476.jpg

You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

The common coolant pipe issue seems to only affect the V8 Cayenne's. I'm wondering if my coolant leak is a common problem too. I've been losing coolant on my 3.6 V6 Cayenne at a fairly slow rate compared to the other more common issue. I'm having to top it off about once every month or two. Last weekend I was changing the oil and started investigating the leak. It looks to be coming from a black plastic coolant hose fitting on the back of the engine, passenger side.

Has anyone seen this problem before? I'm wondering if there is just a bad o-ring behind that fitting or if the whole part needs to be replaced. And if anyone knows the part number for this I would greatly appreciate that too!

Thanks
IMG_8475_LI_Moment(2).thumb.jpg.d03334532034cbea116b75596f7252cf.jpg
IMG_8476.thumb.jpg.36bab039a773f39098fb3850b75aff8c.jpg

I've had the same problem in my 2008 v6. After removing the 2 bolts I saw it had a rubber gasket. Waiting for the dealership to call me when it comes in. (Was the cheapest there)
It's technically for the thermostat. It's called a flange socket and sealing ring. Here's the part #'s 95510623100 Flange Socket
95510643100 Sealing Ring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Flip said:

I've had the same problem in my 2008 v6. After removing the 2 bolts I saw it had a rubber gasket. Waiting for the dealership to call me when it comes in. (Was the cheapest there)
It's technically for the thermostat. It's called a flange socket and sealing ring. Here's the part #'s 95510623100 Flange Socket
95510643100 Sealing Ring

Thanks for the PN! Doesn't look very expensive, my local dealership has it for $26 and the o-ring is less than $2.

I think the thermostat is on the back of the 3.2 V6 but for the 3.6 V6 the thermostat is on the side of the engine (driver side). I know this because I replaced it during my cooling system refresh at 90k miles. However, there does seem to be a housing for something back there, I'm just not sure what it is..

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the PN! Doesn't look very expensive, my local dealership has it for $26 and the o-ring is less than $2.

I think the thermostat is on the back of the 3.2 V6 but for the 3.6 V6 the thermostat is on the side of the engine (driver side). I know this because I replaced it during my cooling system refresh at 90k miles. However, there does seem to be a housing for something back there, I'm just not sure what it is..

I thought so too but when I pulled up the diagram it was listed under :
Porsche Cayenne M55.01 Water Pump Thermostat Housing

2 minutes ago, Mr.Flip said:

I thought so too but when I pulled up the diagram it was listed under :
Porsche Cayenne M55.01 Water Pump Thermostat Housing

Interesting. When I did the cooling system refresh I replaced the water pump (front of engine) and thermostat (side of engine) so that confuses the hell out of me why they would call that a water pump thermostat housing if neither of those components are back there.

Was it a fairly straight forward job? Doesn't look like I would have to remove much to get to it. I may take some pictures and make a DIY for the job.

35 minutes ago, shonuff said:

Interesting. When I did the cooling system refresh I replaced the water pump (front of engine) and thermostat (side of engine) so that confuses the hell out of me why they would call that a water pump thermostat housing if neither of those components are back there.

Was it a fairly straight forward job? Doesn't look like I would have to remove much to get to it. I may take some pictures and make a DIY for the job.

Yeah it was an easy job. All I did was remove the plastic covers on the passenger side of the engine bay, the exhaust shield is held with one bolt that, once removed, will pull off the clips it holds onto in the bottom. From there I just felt the two bolts (one on top one on bottom) of the plastic flange, if I'm not mistaken they are both either 12mm or 13mm. 

Edited by Mr.Flip

Hi, I realise this is an older thread but was wondering if someone had a DIY fix for this issue. I have 2007 3.6L and just discovered the very same leak. How hard is this to fix yourself? Does coolant spill out when you disconnect??

2007 3.6L V6 .jpg

Thanks to Mr. Flips post with part #s. I was able to fix mine.  Real easy, just be sure to "seat" the 30 torx bit into bolts, the are somewhat hard to reach and seem soft metal. 

Approximately 2 cups of coolant came out that I captured with a bowl then returned it after the job was done. (DO NOT remove coolant cap during process; coolant is under pressure and more will come out).

Before and after pics. 

20191230114545.jpg

20200104080727.jpg