Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

P1316, P1317, P1318, P1319

Loren or Jeff,

Do you guys know what these codes really mean? I took the car for a drive today and the CEL comes up again.

From my ODBII readers:

The trouble codes= P300, P304, P305, P306

The pending codes= P1316, P1317, P1318, 1319 and new code P0150

On Sunday, after fixing the contacts of the plugs and air leak on the throttle, I reset the CEL and took the car for a spin, the CEL did not appear.

This experience has been a roller coaster ride for me

Man, I wish I were at the tech session at RMG last time :(

Thanks in advance,

:help:

-Nat

Edited by natzee

• Admin

All 300 series faults are misfires that can damage the catalytic convertor. P0300 is multiple misfires and P0304 would be cylinder 4, P0305 would be cylinder 5 etc.

P1316, P1317, P1318, 1319 are also misfire detection emissions relevant. Again these refer to cylinders 4, 5 and 6.

P0150 Oxygen Sensor Ahead of Catalytic Converter (Cylinders 4 - 6) - Intercore Short Circuit or Limited Voltage Increase.

So the problem you fixed was on the 4,5,6 engine bank side?

If it was then you likely got the problems. Now you will need to wait and see if the light comes on again.

All 300 series faults are misfires that can damage the catalytic convertor. P0300 is multiple misfires and P0304 would be cylinder 4, P0305 would be cylinder 5 etc.

P1316, P1317, P1318, 1319 are also misfire detection emissions relevant. Again these refer to cylinders 4, 5 and 6.

P0150 Oxygen Sensor Ahead of Catalytic Converter (Cylinders 4 - 6) - Intercore Short Circuit or Limited Voltage Increase. 

So the problem you fixed was on the 4,5,6 engine bank side?

If it was then you likely got the problems. Now you will need to wait and see if the light comes on again.

Thanks Loren.

The CEL comes on again. This time it is fashing.

I had search the web and found some old post from the www.ppbb.com.

It inidcates the problem can be timing issue on Vario cam, solennoid tensioner or blown enginne.

When I change the oil, the old oil was clean no indication of mixture of oil/coolant.

Do you have a picture of the solenoid? I might want to replace this and see if it is the culprit.

Thanks,

-Nat

• 1 month later...

Just want to complete this thread in case someone who might run into this problem in the future, here are what I did to fix the problem (at least for now):

-After reset the codes and keep on debuging the issue.

-I got the new famous error codes (P1128, P1130), all the previous codes were gone except these two.

-I clean the throttle body, replace the new oil filler cap

-Installed a new MAF sensor

So far it had been at least 5 cycles of driving and the CEL light has not come back (keep my fingers cross).

I noticed before when I reset the CEL, the CEL light came back after driving cycle #2 or # 3.

For now, the car runs very smooth and will keep an eye on the CEL :D

Hope this info will help others who run into the same problem as I did.

:cheers:

-Nat

Edited by natzee