Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

97 Boxster crank no start

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Justin Boisclaire said:

I got my module back, i tested my cps and it is good. How do i test my dme?

That is going to require access to a Porsche factory diagnostic system such as the current PIWIS or earlier PST II.

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Justin Boisclaire said:

So i guess everything else is ruled out and it is the DME, any suggestions on how to test or replace it?

See the above; testing or replacement is going to require the Porsche diagnostic system......................and bring money as a new DME is about $2K sitting in a box on the counter, plus and hour or two of programing time, if it really is the DME.......

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Justin Boisclaire said:

Do can i find a used DME and put it in? 

Even a used DME (same version number) would require reprograming by a PIWIS system.  The DME in these cars is the center of everything, even your odometer miles are stored in the DME.

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, Justin Boisclaire said:

Just not sure what my next step should be. Not sure what else I should diagnose to rule out the dme. Not sure if I should just part out the car and cut my losses. 

The only way to rule out the DME is through diagnostic's, so there is going to be at least some $ involved. And just as a side note on the subject, in all the years we have been working on these cars, I have seen very few DME failures, fewer than I can count on one hand.