Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Went to local Porsche dealer, who investigated closer about my wheel lock key being bad. 
After some time, came out with a print out.  
Cannot do without key.

Apparently these locks are part of an advanced type of locks, they called them Thatcham locks.
In the memo he handed out, it says no dealers have any sets at all.  If key is lost, must be re ordered by dealer from Germany, who in turn orders these to be made somewhere in the UK.  Then the key is shipped.  $180 plus multiple days.  Its the delay that is killing me. 
Dealer also told me that they could try remove it brute force.
I went to few local mechanic shops.  Turns out the nut has a sleeve around it, preventing jamming of a socket ont the bolt to remove.  

As of now, looks like dealer payment is a must.  If you know of any way to remove, let me know.  Dying to do it.
Here is a pic of the thatcham lock.  If anyone knows where I can get replacement, would be awesome.

thatchum lock.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

To wrap this thread up, I ordered replacement key based on serial number I had on original.

Its been a week or so, but it will take about 3 weeks (must be ordered from Germany factory, who will order from UK manufacturer).

Then I get it.

Once comes in, I will use to remove 4 lugs, then throw it away (or sell to some sucker someone who wants to have some very specialty lock bolts).

• 4 weeks later...

wow.  The lock finally arrived.  Nearly $200 for it too.

Works perfect though.  Now, remove them, and never use again (will probably save for when I choose to put them back on).  Good end to the story.