Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Window Door Not Dropping with either handle

Boxster 2003 window on passenger side will not drop to open the door with either inside or outside handle.  I replaced the micro switch from the outside handle to no effect.  Windows drop with unlocking top.  Driver door works normally.  Inside window switch works with no noises from regulator.

I wonder if it might be the microswitch inside the door lock, which senses that the door is locked, has stuck, and the system thinks that the door is locked (when it isn't).  That would cause the handle microswitches not to function.

If you can get it on a Porsche tester, you can view the switch contacts, which should help in the diagnosis.

It was the regulator.  I went with the diagnosis that if you can push the window down it would be the regulator.  Now it all works correctly.  Putting is in was a little tricky.  You don't have to unplug the airbag.  I did, as per some videos, and got the air bag fail light since I had to plug up the battery to move the window to get to the screws.  I had to go to a buddy to get the light reset.

I have a similar issue where I depress the door pull externally either side and the window drops but it slightly lags behind the door opening meaning the top edge of the window just catches, its exactly the same both sides so I assume its due to wear (00my 986S 87k miles)

So based on the above would we assume it to be aged window operating mechanisms? both windows go up and down fine and auto works, it's hardly noticeable but I assume it will be straining the window frame/holder every time the doors are opened?

Any input appreciated,

Beers!

HH

FWIW It takes about a second for the door-handle-lift and window-drop actions to play out, at least with my 2004.

From the outside, I lift, pause very briefly, then open.

From the inside, since it takes a brief moment to begin pushing the door open after actuating the door pull, the window has dropped and it isn't an issue.