Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

GT3 Console Delete - Possible with Targa and Heated Seats?

In an effort to grant more leg room I am wanting to do the GT3 Console delete modification, but I have three challenges: the car is a Targa with Natural Brown interior, and heated seats.

Provided I can even find a GT3 delete kit in that interior color, is it possible to relocate the Targa switches to the switch blanks that are located to the rear of the ash tray? 

This would give me the console delete, fill the center console switch locations (car also has PSM and rear wiper, and I want to move the heated seat buttons to the center console) plus replace the blank switches with something useful.

• 11 months later...

To close the loop and help any people in the future:

YES, it can be done on a Targa with Heated Seats and a Tiptronic transmission.

YES, you can relocate the seat switches to the center console and rear blanks.  You will need to extend the wiring for the rear switch blanks, but the lower buttons on the center console are reachable without having to extend them.

YES, you can find a Natural Brown GT3 delete kit.  It's not available in the US, and dealers aren't able to get it.  Buy it from Rose Passion in France.  Even with shipping to the US it was cheaper than the other colors the US dealers offer.

YES, it is completely worthwhile and a fantastic upgrade for tall drivers.  Long distance driving is now enjoyable!

One word of warning: I have the BOSE system with the floor mounted subwoofer.  The subwoofer does not match the contour of the GT3 console, therefore some of the black plastic on the sub is visible from the driver's seat.  It will need to be covered with a small bit of carpet.

Edited by Andrew911