Jump to content

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Recommended Posts

I'm starting my winter upgrade list and could use some expertise and opinion.  I have an 07 911S 6M.  I would like to add the following: plenum, exhaust, intake (likely just a BMC filter) and flash the ECU.  My questions are regarding brands and models of these upgrades.  I would like exhaust to have a low rumble but most interested in HP and torque gains.  Also, some mild suspension upgrades for occasional track use.  Any thoughts/suggestions/experience with what's a good combo of all the above?  Thanks!  

Edited by JG07997
change title

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked into this a bit further...the APR tune seems like a good choice along with a BMC and IPD plenum.  Not sure I get anything but noise from exhaust unless I go with akrapovic or fabspeed.  Any thoughts out there?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2018 at 2:44 PM, JG07997 said:

I'm starting my winter upgrade list and could use some expertise and opinion.  I have an 07 911S 6M.  I would like to add the following: plenum, exhaust, intake (likely just a BMC filter) and flash the ECU.  My questions are regarding brands and models of these upgrades.  I would like exhaust to have a low rumble but most interested in HP and torque gains.  Also, some mild suspension upgrades for occasional track use.  Any thoughts/suggestions/experience with what's a good combo of all the above?  Thanks!  

 

As I noted on another forum, your expectations for power gains are probably a bit of a pipe dream.  Normally aspirated Porsche engines have historically showed only very small gains in either torque or HP from the type of modifications you are considering when validated in dyno testing, and even these small gains only occurred at the very high end of the RPM curves.  While the marketers of these products typically make substantial improvement gains, before and after dyno runs have not born out their claims.  To get the 40-50 HP you are seeking is going to require significant internal engine modifications, which is not going to come cheaply.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JFP in PA said:

 

As I noted on another forum, your expectations for power gains are probably a bit of a pipe dream.  Normally aspirated Porsche engines have historically showed only very small gains in either torque or HP from the type of modifications you are considering when validated in dyno testing, and even these small gains only occurred at the very high end of the RPM curves.  While the marketers of these products typically make substantial improvement gains, before and after dyno runs have not born out their claims.  To get the 40-50 HP you are seeking is going to require significant internal engine modifications, which is not going to come cheaply.

 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For use on the track,

fix the oil pressure problem these cars have. A 2qt deep sump isn’t enough though. Check your oil pressure on a 270 degree highway on ramp with rpms at or above 3400 rpm and 15 min of highway driving speeds immediately beforehand. You will see what I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2019 at 12:45 PM, Krombacher said:

For use on the track,

fix the oil pressure problem these cars have. A 2qt deep sump isn’t enough though. Check your oil pressure on a 270 degree highway on ramp with rpms at or above 3400 rpm and 15 min of highway driving speeds immediately beforehand. You will see what I mean.

 

What solution do you recommend? I am very interested in this too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.