Jump to content

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Ball joint seperator for front suspension

Recommended Posts



I am a little confused and could not find an answer yet!


I need to remove the front struts to replace the strut mounts. Therefore I need to crack the ball joints of the track rod and the control arm.


In the manual is referred to a special Porsche tool 9560 (C) for the control arm and a commercially available tool (B) for the track rod. Since I want to buy the correct tools, I have some questions:


-The tools look very similar, except that the one for the track rod has a flat outside and the one for the control arm a flat inside. Is that correct?


-Except the size the 2 ball joints look very similar to me. For my understanding the tool with the flat inside would also be the besser option for the track rod (foto). How can the proposed tool (B) work here?


-What are the required sizes (jaw opening) for the joints?


Thank you for any help!





Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-24 um 19.47.00.png

Edited by thormann

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.