Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Oh the cheek of it...

For thos that may remember, My RMS was to be done under the Porsche UK goodwill scheme and then I found out my gearbox is wining too. My car has now done just 29k miles and I have had it since it was about 5 weeks old. It's never been tracked and has been serviced by the book.

Well Porsche UK have knocked me back on the goodwill scheme for a replacement gearbox. They really are pitiful in ths country. I have to say I am very dissapointed in their after sales service. They did the RMS on the goodwill scheme but I had to contribute £230 towards labour costs and to top it all they busted my coolant header while doing it and then had the cheek to say that I had to pay for it but they would put in for a refund for it by seeing if that can be done on goodwill scheme too.....guess what....they knocked that back too. So I just spent $600+ to get my RMS done and the gearbox is not considered.

I am that dismayed by all this that I am absolutely certain this will be my last Porsche. I mean you buy a £60,000 car, *apparently* the best German engineering money can buy and barely 3 years later, on a low mileage car with FPSH it has major engine and gearbox problems and they won't fix it under warranty. What a load of crap.

Sourcing a gearbox isn't easy but I managed to find a 2001 GT3 6sp manual gearbox up for grabs. Can anyone tell me if this will fit in my 2000 C2?

Here is the wierd bit. Having had the car for 3 years now I figured it's time for a change. My dealer has the cheek to try to sell me a new C4S Cab (which I would have very much considered) while also telling me *NO* we won't fix our gearbox.

So now I intend to fix the car up and sell it. I am very seriously considering putting my name down on a new Aston Martin AMV8.

Gee Berny, that's really a bummer. I would certainly write some letters to executives if nothing else than to get all that anger off your chest and throw it at them.

PS: Don't know anything about the transmission swap...maybe Loren has a thought or 2.

Hi Don, thanks. I will do just that. I feel certain that the issue is not with Porsche Germany but with the Porsche UK network. I doubt Porsche ratingen heard anything about my problems. I just wish I knew who to write to to get the most effect. If Porsche would at least offer me some compensation like say, I have to pay a percentage or something then that would have made me feel better. Right now I think GM give a better deal. My daughter has a 4 year old Corsa, it went in for service. They had to keep it overnight. When we collected it they told us that there was a problem with the clutch master cylinder so had to order one up. They replaced it uner warranty!

Re the GT3 gearbox. I contacted a local independent for advice (Tech9 Motorsport) and they said it won't work. The mountings are different but even if they were the same the gear ratios would kill the clutch and there would be other problems. These boys seem to know there stuff (British GT Cup Division 2nd place runners). I asked them about getting a refurbishe one and they said it's not possible to get them refurbished as they are sealed units. cest la vie.

Cheers,

Berny