Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
I have a 2003 Boxster base model (2.7) with auto. Current showing code P0600 and DTE 61. Had a few different Porsche mechanics look at the issue and have not found a solution. Cleaned the electrical connection at the transmission and verified the ground connections at the tiptronic control module. Had the DME, tiptronic module and immobilizer checked and they were found to be working.
Does the Can-bus connection between the DME and the tiptronic module extend to the immobilizer or other modules? All I could find is information up to the 2001 model year.
Looking for a reason why the DME Is not communicating with the tiptronic and how to test the Can-bus circuit. Is there a wiring schematic available for the 2003/2004 boxster?
Hi all 986 guys.
I will post for the first time.
I have '98 986K(Tip-s),Can I swap 5-Speed(or 6-Speed) manual transmission?
In other words, prepare missions, pedals, manual transmission CPUs, etc. like a typical car model (for ex, BMW).
Is it possible to update only the mission, not the upgrade to 3.4L?
Has anyone ever seen or heard of such a vehicle?
I can find 986K 5speed as much as I want, but I want to stick to my one.
1999 986 2.5 Boxster. (5 spd)
Not many problems with the car but cruise control doesn’t work and the spoiler only extends halfway or so.
Current actual problem with the car is that I can feel vibration or shaking in the steering wheel (and in the car to a much lesser extent) after shifting into fourth gear. After shifting into fourth gear, the shaking seems to persist even as I slow down, or after shifting into fifth. It will persist even if I shift into neutral but will stop after I come to a stop.
It’s strange to me that this is the case when gears 1-3 don’t have this problem. I am guessing that it’s an issue with bearings or alignment in the front wheels since i’m feeling the vibrations in the wheel but hopefully someone here has a better idea.
Hi Guys, I am a new member of this community and I am very happy to be here.
My name is Mathias and I just bought my very first car. I am university student so I wanted a cool, sports car and as I live in Dubai, the weather is warm so a convertible was ideal. I have therefore just bought my first car, the Porsche Boxster, 2006. As this is my first car, and I have bought it as the 3rd owner. I have a lot of questions about how I should maintain the car, and hope you guys can help😎🏎
So first of all, it’s a Porsche Boxster in a beautiful red, with a black soft top, from 2006 that has driven approx. 80,000 km.
it has a beige interior.
1) the paint inside the car has scratches and shows the black color under the beige coating. How can I fix this?
2) the speakers and radio signal is very poor and I want to be able to play music via Bluetooth and aux, is this possible?
3) is it possible to set up Cameras in the car, for parking?
4) there are scratches on the exterior, and I took it to the Porsche center, and they said they do not have a perfect match to this color as they don’t make it in this specific red anymore. Is there anything I can do?
5) the leather inside is looking a little bit worn, is it possible to fix this up?
6) lastly, is there any mods, DIY upgrades or accessories you recommend I to add to this 2006 Boxster?