Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
This week I have been struggling with a intermittent starting issue on my 1997 boxster 5 speed. I replaced the ignition switch battery and clutch switch in hopes that it was something easy. With no effect on my part I decided to let my local dealer fuss with it. $200 later my problem has been diagnosed as the dreaded immobilizer being wet. I. Got a quote of $3600 parts and labor to remedy the problem and it seems foolish to put over half the cars value into repairs. My quest for posting today is to look for more wallet friendly ways of repairing or replacing the immobilizer.
I will buy a waterproof cpu case and look into roof leaks while the unit is out.
The battery went flat on my 2008 Cayenne Turbo, replaced the battery and now when i turn the key i have no dash/ignition/engine lights.
The heater fan works, the turn signals work, steering tilt works, adjustable suspension works.
Wipers don't work, heated seats don't work and engine will not turn over.
I've checked all the usual but maybe missed something, any help would be great.
Thanks in advance.
OK, 2005 cayenne turbo. intermittent problem with starting. had independent Porsche mechanic replace the battery, alternator, starter and starter relay about 9 months ago. very intermittent problem which happens about once every 3-4 months. seems to be more pronounced in very hot weather (90-100 plus degrees Fahrenheit).
when it happens the engine simply will not crank at all. in spite of that I will still have radio, horn, power windows, AC, etc, full electric.
in the past I have simply used a Rockford battery jump starter (given to me by the mechanic) and this starts it right up. today, I parked in a multilevel parking structure at a mall and the outside ambient temp was over 100 degrees. I parked with another vehicle in front of me, as well as 1 vehicle to each side. not much air circulation. temp inside the parking structure exceeded that of outside I am sure. the Rockford, unlike past times, would not immediately start the engine. I almost called AAA roadside assitance. fortunately, after about 6 tries with the Rockford, I was able to start the car.
drove the car from that 100 degree climate for about an hour to an 80 degree climate. parked it outside. turned it off. wanted to test starting it; she started right up without hesitation. repeated this several times with no issues.
anybody have any ideas about this intermittent ghost in my machine? I really love this vehicle and I'm willing to consider replacing additional parts if necessary (ignition assembly, etc).
other than this intermittent problem, this car with 175K miles runs fantastic.
any and all thoughts are appreciated. thank you.
Hi everyone, new guy here, hope someone can help?
my 996tt 2001 tip awd will not start, it turns over, I can hear the fuel pump run, I can smell fuel from the exhaust, it does not fire up. I borrowed a VDO code reader from a friend no engine issues but it has 2 fault codes under the body tab.
see images, any help appreciated cheers Paul.
1999 Porsche 911 (996) Cab - Automatic Trans., Aftermarket Alpine Radio
I'm trying to track down a bad alarm switch (I think). Following are the symptoms:
1. Alarm double beep when activating
2. Door Locks and Windows don't work (15 AMP Fuse C3 blown)
3. Battery is fully Charged
4. I disconnected the ignition switch, reconnected the battery and fuse still blows
5. I disconnected the door lock switch and fuse still blows
6. I disconnected the overhead light array and the fuse still blows
7. Car (basically) does not start (fuel pump works). Car will start intermittently, but maybe 10% of the time trying
8. I replaced the ignition relay (old one was working but showing some resistance on the ohm meter)
9. Problem surfaced when I stopped for gas, filled the tank and the car wouldn't start. I realize there's a lock on the gas cover...have not done troubleshooting on it as I think I have to remove the wheel well to get to it.
10. If I had a wiring diagram, it would make things a whole lot easier!!!
11. I connected a scanner...no faults...I got a green light...however, the scanner does not check the alarm codes
Any help would be appreciated.