Jump to content
×
×

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)
Sign in to follow this  
pete95zhn

Weird mixture issue

Recommended Posts

Hi!

 

I have a problem with my engine:

 

It runs lean. Logged from Durametric both banks are lambda 1.2, from idle to about 6k rpm. Above that I've logged lambda 1.
Setpoint is 1.0. The weird thing here is the fact, that idle correction (RKAT) is
solid 0 and lower load range correction (FRA) is solid 1. In other words, Motronic
does not want to adjust mixture at all. This started suddenly, while driving, a
week ago. Since then I've
-checked leaks on intake side. None.
-checked leaks on exhaust side. None.
-checked operation of all solenoids and blocked tank vent line. Nothing there.
-checked all sensors with Durametric, outputs are sensible.
-checked injectors by cutting them off via Durametric. Engine tries to stall with
either one of them off.
-checked effect of fuel pressure by doubling it to 6 bar from tune's 3 bar. No
effect whatsoever to mixture or FRA & RKAT.
-disconnected MAF. No effect whatsoever to mixture or FRA & RKAT, although
Motronic should be rely to WBO2's and drive lambda if MAF is off.
-checked wiring looms visually, and partially with tester.
-No CELs present, except from MAF if disconnected.
-SAI pump is deleted, and holes on cylinder heads blocked.
-BTW, I have separate and independent WBO2s on each bank for my datalogger. They
show A/FR 16-18...
-EGT is around 400C on idle. Unfortunately I forgot to check it when FPR (AEM with
gauge) was set to 6 bar.

So, if there's an intake leak, the should be some CELs present and Motronic should
try to correct the mixture towards lambda 1. With a exhaust leak this kind of
lambda (1.2) could be possible (without CELs), but still Motronic should try to
correct the mixture towards lambda 1. But because both bank's manifolds have the
same lambda 1.2 and they're separate except at very end, there should be similar
leak on ech side. OTH, those independent WBO2s count out incorrect readings from
Motronic. Is my Motronic toast? Is there a certain condition (some sensor
unreliable etc) where Motronic does not adjust mixture with lambda sensors, even
with warm engine?
It has had unexplained MAF problems also earlier. Idle was hunting when I drove
the car day before this incident.

Any help appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
    You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

OK, I looked through my old mails, I haven't been here for ages. I had similar issue 9 years ago and cause for that was then incorrect engine grounding wire. There's two grounding wires in the engine wiring loom, both attach to cam covers' upper bolts. One of the was not installed then. Of course there's the engine grounding line, but's thet's another story.

Anyway, I have checked those this time, but I need to double check them while the engine was off the car and everything stripped away last winter and if I may have accidentally left either of of those loose and vibration has made things worse. The symptoms look awfully alike like ones back then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.