Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

997.1 C2S airbag fault 801B

1 hour ago, RFM said:

Do you lock the car with the remote ? This is necessary to get the systems into sleep mode after some time, for minimum power consumption.

Ahhhhhhhh, good point...no I don’t lock the car with the remote...could that be causing the 20 min charge time on a fully charged battery? Is there a way to verify this could be why I am seeing what I am seeing? Thanks

• Moderators
21 hours ago, asharma said:

Ahhhhhhhh, good point...no I don’t lock the car with the remote...could that be causing the 20 min charge time on a fully charged battery? Is there a way to verify this could be why I am seeing what I am seeing? Thanks

Possible, a lot depends on the used charger type, there are chargers that only charge and others that first partially discharge the battery and only than start the charging cyclus. What you can do is start by closing the car with the remote and depending on whether it is a daily driver or not, use the car every two or three days. You will than notice that the battery has enough power or not, i think you are needlessly concerned.

3 hours ago, RFM said:

Possible, a lot depends on the used charger type, there are chargers that only charge and others that first partially discharge the battery and only than start the charging cyclus. What you can do is start by closing the car with the remote and depending on whether it is a daily driver or not, use the car every two or three days. You will than notice that the battery has enough power or not, i think you are needlessly concerned.

Thanks, I think u r correct In regards to being needlessly concerned...I did replace an 8 y.o. battery that probably actually needed to be replaced...I “think” the charging behaviour I’m seeing now is “probably” normal given different charger types...it’s not a daily driver but I think I can relax and carry my soon to arrive mobile jump starter battery pack, if for some reason I run into problems...Thanks again