Jump to content

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)
Land Rover Range Rover

any help as where to get original part numbers

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I just bought my first Porsche as always all my cars have to be non runners so I can learn more about them 🙂 Seems like the original issue was with the alarm control unit which was badly corroded inside so seller have changed ecu, key and alarm unit but car still would not start. On closer inspection I noticed marking on the ecu and alarm control units are for a Boxster S 3.2 (with white marker). As he attempted repair few years ago original ECU, Alarm ECU and KEY has been misplaced so I have no clue which "ECU kit" I should buy of my local breakers yard as there is a choice for 2.7. I noticed that there are at least 2-3 different part numbers for each unit and also anywhere I phoned they kept asking if my remote has 2 or 3 keys which again I am unsure what was the original one. Any help would be appreciated or maybe I can find somewhere online by the chassis numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
    You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

29 minutes ago, Land Rover Range Rover said:

Hello,

I just bought my first Porsche as always all my cars have to be non runners so I can learn more about them 🙂 Seems like the original issue was with the alarm control unit which was badly corroded inside so seller have changed ecu, key and alarm unit but car still would not start. On closer inspection I noticed marking on the ecu and alarm control units are for a Boxster S 3.2 (with white marker). As he attempted repair few years ago original ECU, Alarm ECU and KEY has been misplaced so I have no clue which "ECU kit" I should buy of my local breakers yard as there is a choice for 2.7. I noticed that there are at least 2-3 different part numbers for each unit and also anywhere I phoned they kept asking if my remote has 2 or 3 keys which again I am unsure what was the original one. Any help would be appreciated or maybe I can find somewhere online by the chassis numbers?

 

Welcome to RennTech :welcomeani:

The DME, immobilizer, and keys all have to match (come from a single vehicle), or be recoded by a dealer to match.  The DME version also has to match the original chassis as they changed with model years.  What year is the vehicle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JFP in PA said:

It is 2001 2.7. I've seen on forum people have done successfully by replacing those 3 parts. Instrument cluster will make no different. Also got this confirmed by a Porsche breaker but problem is I do not know the original ECU numbers. It is likely if someone installed ECU from a 3.2 did not even match part numbers with the old one.

Welcome to RennTech :welcomeani:

The DME, immobilizer, and keys all have to match (come from a single vehicle), or be recoded by a dealer to match.  The DME version also has to match the original chassis as they changed with model years.  What year is the vehicle?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it is a 2001 2.7L, it should use an ME 7.2 DME, but that DME must match the immobilizer and keys, all of which must be coded together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the ECU I can not see ME 7.2 or any other version written. So far I found that there is a choice of two (ECU numbers) 99661860500 or 99661860400. Will try to call Porsche tomorrow to see if they can help me but somehow I doubt it. Wondering if someone has access to such a system and possibly could check for me 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Land Rover Range Rover said:

Looking at the ECU I can not see ME 7.2 or any other version written. So far I found that there is a choice of two (ECU numbers) 99661860500 or 99661860400. Will try to call Porsche tomorrow to see if they can help me but somehow I doubt it. Wondering if someone has access to such a system and possibly could check for me 🙂

 

According to Porsche's parts system, you should be a 996-618-605-00 (2001, 2.7L, manual trans). The ME7.2 is the firmware inside the box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like DME is probably the one but what about alarm module. There seems to be a choice of two 996.618.262.02 and 996.618.262.00. Are they different or same. Any idea what the last two digits stand for. I've tried to ring few Porsche Main Dealers but they just refuse to give me part numbers or help me in anyway. Is there anywhere I can check it myself maybe online etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Land Rover Range Rover said:

Seems like DME is probably the one but what about alarm module. There seems to be a choice of two 996.618.262.02 and 996.618.262.00. Are they different or same. Any idea what the last two digits stand for. I've tried to ring few Porsche Main Dealers but they just refuse to give me part numbers or help me in anyway. Is there anywhere I can check it myself maybe online etc?

 

Try board sponsor Sunset Porsche Parts, they have an excellent online section for searching parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2019 at 9:09 PM, JFP in PA said:

 

According to Porsche's parts system, you should be a 996-618-605-00 (2001, 2.7L, manual trans). The ME7.2 is the firmware inside the box.

Managed to find a person in one of the main dealers who was very friendly so have all the part numbers now. Anyone know if the  996.618.262.02 and 996.618.262.00 are same or for a different models?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.