Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Litronic function

I just installed a new litronics retrofit kit on my 2000 Boxster S :clapping: . My question is when you hit the high beam does both the left and right side go up an equal amount? When I first did the install, I noticed the actual light or lense inside was loose, upon removal of rear cover I noticed the actuator that moves the unit up/down linkage was not fully seated. After giving it a carefull push the ball socket linkage popped back in and the problem was solved. I re installed and tested the high beam. This is when I noticed the unit (pasenger side U.S. model) did not go up and down as much as the driver side. Is that normal? I'm also not sure if the adjustments for both units are identical, could that be the root of the problem?

Thanks for any advice :rolleyes:

My 02 bi xenon factory light doesn't self level when I switch to hi beam. It's not supposed to. The only time it self levels is when you have the light on and then key to on position. It'll lower and then raise.

Boxster uses the 99-01 litronics. I think when it's retrofit into the car, the self level doesn't work.

Hope that helps you in some way

I have just installed a set of litronics

As the other says, it has no self leveling

But you mean when you highbeam, both sides dont move to the same hight?

Mine does!

you need maybe to open it and have a look (mine was unplugged on both sides of the lamp, after pulling it back on both sides it worked)

And the lights are syncronised

Simon

Thanks Simon, I opened them up and it looks like both linkage were not preperly seated. After I popped them back in place the lights now adjust evenly. Is there a way to hook up the self leveling feature? Are there additional parts that is needed if so can they be purchased?