Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lost Radio Code - post your request here

I have 2002 911 Turbo, CDR 220, type 4462, Serial 250 151 15 (there may be an "I" in front of number?).

thanks, Bill

ps. I disconnected battery to change ignition switch, used the $34 Audi part and the directions given on this site, went well - thanks.

Try 9657

or

I have tried both of them twice and they did not work. I have gone through the 60 minute WAIT twice. It now comes up as code.

Another combination? Thanks, Bill

You can verify the serial number using the technique in the FAQ.

If you have not already read this FAQ - please do so...

Lost Radio Code - FAQ, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

• Admin

I have 2002 911 Turbo, CDR 220, type 4462, Serial 250 151 15 (there may be an "I" in front of number?).

thanks, Bill

ps. I disconnected battery to change ignition switch, used the $34 Audi part and the directions given on this site, went well - thanks.

Try 9657

or

I have tried both of them twice and they did not work. I have gone through the 60 minute WAIT twice. It now comes up as code.

All is answered in the FAQ (hint hint)

Hi Loren! Basically I'm in the same boat as most people; worked a bit with the battery, had to unplug the radio from the power and now I'm stuck with no radio since I misplaced the code.

Info:

2000 Porsche Carrera 4

CR-220

Type 4362

Ser. X5018488

47/98

Any reply would be greatly appreciated!!!

EDIT: It is a Becker 1 radio.

Edited by ahaitsmike

• Admin

Hi Loren! Basically I'm in the same boat as most people; worked a bit with the battery, had to unplug the radio from the power and now I'm stuck with no radio since I misplaced the code.

Info:

2000 Porsche Carrera 4

CR-220

Type 4362

Ser. X5018488

47/98

Try 7728

or

Info:

2000 Porsche Carrera 4

CR-220

Type 4362

Ser. X5018488

47/98

Try 7728

or

Hmm... tried 7728, 7726 and 7724, but nothing so far.

I'll keep trying multiples of two until I get it. I'll post up what the code is once i get it.

Thanks Loren!!

• Admin

Hi, Loren. I'm going to install the pnp rear speakers and i'm reasy to go just need one more thing, the radio code: CDR220 Becker "1" Type:4462 Serial # X5038201 cd: cdp2081. 2000 Box "S" Thanks, Scott Stieber

Try 1096

or

Hi Loren, just picked up a CDR-220 for my 2002 C4 to replace the tape player unit. the Serial number on the side of the unit is 15088362. Can you help with the code please?

Thanks

Rex

• Admin

Hi Loren, just picked up a CDR-220 for my 2002 C4 to replace the tape player unit. the Serial number on the side of the unit is 15088362. Can you help with the code please?

Thanks

Rex

Please see the FAQ to verify the serial number through the front panel of the radio. Then confirm it here.

Hi, Loren. I'm going to install the pnp rear speakers and i'm reasy to go just need one more thing, the radio code: CDR220 Becker "1" Type:4462 Serial # X5038201 cd: cdp2081. 2000 Box "S" Thanks, Scott Stieber

Try 1096

or

Loren, Thanks, it worked on the first try. Scott Stieber

thanks, Bill

Try 9657

or

All is answered in the FAQ (hint hint)

ok, thank you, 9659 did work.

p.s. the computation of the code number could be dependent on how each computer system treats round-off and thus a number differing by two may be the result in another system.

Hi Loren:

I just came upon this site after calling dealers for the past 3 days on my radio code! I bought a 2000 Boxster S from a private seller and never got the radio code. Alas, my battery needed to be changed, and so now I can't get the radio code! Here's the info - any help is appreciated...

Becker 1

Type: 4362

Serial: X5018874

47/98

Thank you again!

-Priscilla

• Admin

Hi Loren:

I just came upon this site after calling dealers for the past 3 days on my radio code! I bought a 2000 Boxster S from a private seller and never got the radio code. Alas, my battery needed to be changed, and so now I can't get the radio code! Here's the info - any help is appreciated...

Becker 1

Type: 4362

Serial: X5018874

47/98

Thank you again!

-Priscilla

Try 9553

or 9551

Thanks

Rex

Loren I got the radio hooked up and verifited the S/N is 15088362 model number 4462.

Rex