Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lost Radio Code - post your request here

• Admin

Hi,

Thank you so much, just got back from my holiday and tried the code you kindly supplied and got music in the Boxster for the 1st time since purchase!! Sadly, cassette and CD Changer are faulty and the radio is American and only finds odd frequencies, but have some radio channels anyway. Off topic, but can the radio channel search be changed to find odd and even frequencies? Or is this fixed. If it can be done easily, do you know if its something I can do or not.

Thanks again.

JIM

Using the "Country" mode in setup the US/Canada radios can only be set to certain frequencies per the radio owners manual (you can download a copy here)

Hi,

Fantastic Result!

Thanks again, found the country settings and it was on USA as you thought. I scrolled to Asia and the even numbers appeared as if by magic and my wife can now listen to Coast on 103.2.....

The tune button on the radio is lazy and I think my Radio has had it's day, but much better than nothing.

When she's not in the car, I listen to the Porsche sound but have to keep the other half happy when she drives.

JIM

Thanks Loren. It worked. Walt M.

On another subject, what catagory in your renntech do I use to ask about what the onboard computer on my 2000 carrera2 can be adjusted to do. Owners manual says can be set to automatically lock doors but no mention of daytime running lights. But, dealer says can be adjusted to operate them. Also, you have an article describing how one of your members installed daytime running lights on his car which would imply that the onboard computer can't do it. Which area for 996s would this question be appropriate for me to send to you. Walt M.

• Admin

Thanks Loren. It worked. Walt M.

On another subject, what catagory in your renntech do I use to ask about what the onboard computer on my 2000 carrera2 can be adjusted to do. Owners manual says can be set to automatically lock doors but no mention of daytime running lights. But, dealer says can be adjusted to operate them. Also, you have an article describing how one of your members installed daytime running lights on his car which would imply that the onboard computer can't do it. Which area for 996s would this question be appropriate for me to send to you. Walt M.

Please post your question in the 996 forum - thanks.

DRL are a hardware option for that model year - it is not programmed.

Door locks are easy and can be programmed.