Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lost Radio Code - post your request here

We flowed the direction to get the radio code

We pushed in 4462

For our boxter 2000 with cdr 220 radio as this was hat it read

Code 4462

24/99

Serial code CDP2081

Can you help? So happy to have gotten our dream car but sad when we bought it a new battery and after inputting info I am not sure which button is seek signal, but code does not work ...no tunes is no fun.

• Admin

We flowed the direction to get the radio code

We pushed in 4462

Code 4462

24/99

Serial code CDP2081

Can you help? So happy to have gotten our dream car but sad when we bought it a new battery and after inputting info I am not sure which button is seek signal, but code does not work ...no tunes is no fun.

? I am confused - that is not a serial number that is the model code.

Please follow the procedure in the Lost Radio Code FAQ and re-post the correct serial number.

We pushed in 4462

Code 4462

24/99

Serial code CDP2081

... sorry serial number is Y5038020

the other question we have before attempting it is that some people haves said that you have to follow the code with a tap ofthe seek signal button, it thie the button marked "s" on the cdr220. we are urrently lockedout and hpe to geta screento try againbut was worried from other posts and replies that the code alone may have to be followed by the "seek service button". our buttons and radio do not have a manual so I want to make sure we can do what it wants .

we did buy the 101 things for your boxter book and have the full manual for schematics etc on order, but just want to try in the morning again when it gives me a chance. I will try 2161, and please tell me if I follow that by pushing the fifth item in the sequence as mentioned in very early reply to another confused porsche owner. ( my husband is happy with no music because he likes to hear the throaty throttle sound, but me, I love tunes while driving and sure hope we didn't mess up this option by not knowing the sequence once the four digit codes are input. Thank You so much for your help if it works, and for your time if it isnt able to. So glad this forum exists! thank you inadvance. Thebutton i assume it is says"S' on the cdr 220.so happy that you are able to help others, sure wishI hadany guru possibilityies inmy life, look howmuchyouare doing for happy porsche owner!!!

so I will enter the four digits you gave me and do or do not I push the "s" button on the stereo fascia. ? I cant find info on the meanings button on the cdr 220 anywhere...you my be my only hopeand we'd love to donate a little for you cause.... ( and our solve hopefuly!)

Try 2161

Hi,

Restoring my 996.2 GT3 back to [as close to] OEM Spec [as possible!] and have sourced a CDR23 to replace the Pioneer SatNav Monster that the previous owner installed.. Any help/info on the Code greatly appreciated..

CDR23

EC: 126

Model No.: BE 6612

Serial No.:45073209

Accession No.: 0331621

Date of Manufacture: 13/04

Many thanks.. :help:

• Admin

Hi,

Restoring my 996.2 GT3 back to [as close to] OEM Spec [as possible!] and have sourced a CDR23 to replace the Pioneer SatNav Monster that the previous owner installed.. Any help/info on the Code greatly appreciated..

CDR23

Please read the Lost Radio Code FAQ

"CDR-23 (or later):

These radios do not have a security code - that is, not that the user enters.

These radios are security tested on the MOST (fiber optic bus) system to see if they are the "programmed" radio. The radios are programmed and recognized by the car?s DME and can only be replaced by a shop with a PST2 or PIWIS. These radios will not request a code when battery power is disconnected."

Hi,

CDR23

"CDR-23 (or later):

These radios do not have a security code - that is, not that the user enters.

These radios are security tested on the MOST (fiber optic bus) system to see if they are the "programmed" radio. The radios are programmed and recognized by the car?s DME and can only be replaced by a shop with a PST2 or PIWIS. These radios will not request a code when battery power is disconnected."

Aha :blush: Thank you :thumbup:

Hello,

I heard about this site from 6 Speed...Hopefully it works for me! I just bought the car from an independent dealer...They replaced the battery while I was there. The NAV / Radio worked prior to them changing it out. Then it required the codes (NAV & PCM) which we did not have. Now it locks us out for 60 minutes.

Anyway, here is the info that I think you need.

Car: 2001 996 TT with NAV

VIN: WP0AB29941S685363

Model: BE2582

Serial #: 25010605

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

• Admin

Hello,

I heard about this site from 6 Speed...Hopefully it works for me! I just bought the car from an independent dealer...They replaced the battery while I was there. The NAV / Radio worked prior to them changing it out. Then it required the codes (NAV & PCM) which we did not have. Now it locks us out for 60 minutes.

Anyway, here is the info that I think you need.

Car: 2001 996 TT with NAV

VIN: WP0AB29941S685363

Model: BE2582

Serial #: 25010605

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

"Can you give me a code for my PCM?

These units are manufactured jointly by Siemens and Becker, and the only place where you can get the codes required is from the dealer/OPC. The PCM?s require two codes, the ICS/Siemens code and a Becker code. The ICS is the first code requested. Sorry, the only place you can get a PCM code is from a dealer/OPC."