Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lost Radio Code - post your request here

6 minutes ago, Loren said:

Did you follow the instructions in the Lost Radio Code FAQ to get your correct serial number?

I believe so, I pressed 8 and 0 and then got the number which appeared after "Serial N". 

• Admin
1 hour ago, npatel said:

I believe so, I pressed 8 and 0 and then got the number which appeared after "Serial N". 

If you copied the serial number correctly then it should work.

Only other time I have seen it not work was when the radio had a prior repair by a 3rd party.

Don't often use my radio or CD player. Just to show how often I actually turn it on, it was 3 months ago the battery died and I had to replace it.  I recently took a 2 hour trip and decided to try out the radio and CD player and that's when I realized I needed a code. Prior to the battery going dead it did work because I put some CD's in the remote changer and tried it out. Anyhow, I have the CDR-220 and finally obtained my serial number which is - Y5051542, model 4462. It is a 2001 Boxster S. Any suggestions short of going to the dealer to get a code would be appreciated.

• Admin
16 minutes ago, chboro said:

Don't often use my radio or CD player. Just to show how often I actually turn it on, it was 3 months ago the battery died and I had to replace it.  I recently took a 2 hour trip and decided to try out the radio and CD player and that's when I realized I needed a code. Prior to the battery going dead it did work because I put some CD's in the remote changer and tried it out. Anyhow, I have the CDR-220 and finally obtained my serial number which is - Y5051542, model 4462. It is a 2001 Boxster S. Any suggestions short of going to the dealer to get a code would be appreciated.

Try 1051

• Admin
25 minutes ago, HGPG said:

Hi, this radio is PCM1 996.642.105.02

MLFB : 5WK7801

Serial : PO8010011207/02

SW3.67

I need code.

Thanks.

From the Lost Radio Code FAQ...

" Can you give me a code for my PCM?
These units are manufactured jointly by Siemens and Becker, and the only place where you can get the codes required is from the dealer/ OPC. The PCM’s require two codes, the ICS/Siemens code and a Becker code. The ICS is the first code requested.
Sorry, the only place you can get a PCM code is from a dealer/ OPC. "

• Admin
4 minutes ago, florida miles said:

Hi there lost my radio code sorry loren for e-mailing you directly. I'm a newbie and just getting used to this forum. Just bought a 2000 boxster and found no radio code! Bummer.   The unit is a becker cdr220.  

Model 4462

Serial y5040147

Thanks for any help in advance. 

Try 8354