Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lost Radio Code - post your request here

Based on the process of elimination I have almost 2 dozen codes from past posts. 3 every hour will take me too long and give me too many grey hair before I get the right code.

Can someone help me out with the right codes?

Type - 4462

Seriral - 25012341

24/99

Thanks

Shawn

The codes posted above not for your serial number radio - so they won't work.

Try 6684

or

No such luck on the radio codes provided. Is there another that can be tried? It's jsut not the same driving without the radio.

Your radio was likely replaced and the new card was lost.

Try 4962

or

The radio it's original, not replaced... this it's what i dont understand. Loren you give me that 2 codes few days ago and... dont work. Radio on my car and 1 month ago i have WAIT msg. On my identity card write CDC-3 X1037392... it's original. ****...

• Admin

Try 4962

or

The radio it's original, not replaced... this it's what i dont understand. Loren you give me that 2 codes few days ago and... dont work. Radio on my car and 1 month ago i have WAIT msg. On my identity card write CDC-3 X1037392... it's original. ****...

CDC-3 is the CD Changer and has nothing to do with the radio code.

If the code(s) I gave you did not work then you will need to contact a dealer - sorry.

Hi Loren,

After many combinations codes I use "Lost Radio Code - FAQ". The step was make for CR-210 and now I have new information:

R 2596

V 5001456

This information was from Radio, but on my RADIO CODE CARD I have another information (BE 2380 V 5001456). I dont understant why i dont have the same info???

Thank you,

Mariuz

Try 4962

or

For CDC u cant help me?

• Admin
Hi Loren,

After many combinations codes I use "Lost Radio Code - FAQ". The step was make for CR-210 and now I have new information:

R 2596

V 5001456

This information was from Radio, but on my RADIO CODE CARD I have another information (BE 2380 V 5001456). I dont understant why i dont have the same info???

Thank you,

Mariuz

Try 4962

or

There is no code for CDC-3.

For CDC u cant help me?

Good afternoon Loren.

Just swapped batteries and lost my radio access.

1998 Porsche Boxster

Boxster 2.5

5-Speed Manual

Black Interior / Grey Exterior

US-California Car

Radio:

CDR 210

Model: R2896

SN: V50 105 74

Thanks for your time and help!

Jack

• Admin
Good afternoon Loren.

1998 Porsche Boxster

Boxster 2.5

5-Speed Manual

US-California Car

Radio:

CDR 210

Jack

Try 0497

or

Good afternoon Loren.

1998 Porsche Boxster

Boxster 2.5

5-Speed Manual

US-California Car

Radio:

CDR 210

Jack

Try 0497

or

Thanks Loren for the quick repsonse. I entered the code(s) and got nothing, just a blinking first digit. I am assuming niether works. Per the FAQ, I will try to alter the digits. Any advice on how many tries I can do this before locking it up?

Thanks again!

Jack

• Admin
Good afternoon Loren.

1998 Porsche Boxster

Boxster 2.5

5-Speed Manual

US-California Car

Radio:

CDR 210

Jack

Try 0497

or

Thanks Loren for the quick repsonse. I entered the code(s) and got nothing, just a blinking first digit. I am assuming niether works. Per the FAQ, I will try to alter the digits. Any advice on how many tries I can do this before locking it up?

Thanks again!

Jack

Unlimited provided you don't get the "WAIT" message. Once you get WAIT you have to drive the car some for it to allow more try's.

Hi I hope you can help. I had my battery changed and can no longer use the navigation unit in my car. The radio works fine. The code I had for the unit was incorrect. The details for the unit are below.

This is for a 2002 Carrera 2 Cabriolet

Navigation Unit:-

MLFB: 5WK76022

Serial Number: PO221047MC321

Weight: 1500g

Date: 51430

Porsche: 996.642.122.03 EFR

Bar Code: 5WK76022D 04845440070757

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I couldn't find the radio code topic in the 996 forum.

Edited by KarlJ

• Admin
Hi I hope you can help. I had my battery changed and can no longer use the navigation unit in my car. The radio works fine. The code I had for the unit was incorrect. The details for the unit are below.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I couldn't find the radio code topic in the 996 forum.

Sorry, the only place you can get a PCM code is from a dealer/OPC.

Hi Loren

Unfortunately I have tried the dealer and they said that they couldn't get it.

• Admin

Hi Loren

Try another dealer or fax your proof of ownership (and other info) to Sunset Imports (Porsche Parts at Dealer Cost).

Hi Loren

Try another dealer or fax your proof of ownership (and other info) to Sunset Imports (Porsche Parts at Dealer Cost).

Thanks Loren, but it was the factory in Germany that said that they couldn't get the number. I have the PCM number it is just the code for the navigation unit.

Good afternoon Loren.

1998 Porsche Boxster

Boxster 2.5

5-Speed Manual

US-California Car

Radio:

CDR 210

Jack

Try 0497

or

Thanks again!

Jack

Unlimited provided you don't get the "WAIT" message. Once you get WAIT you have to drive the car some for it to allow more try's.

Much thanks to Loren!

My radio now works and the code was correct (0497). It was a matter of pressing the "down arrow" button on the radio (left side) to enter the code and lock it in.

Thanks again!

Jack

Hi,

You sent me 8844 and 8846 but they didn't work. I tried all the codes close to this number. Then I was reading the posts here and noticed one person got their code from the dealer and it was out by one on the first number. So I changed the first number by one, and tried 9846 and it worked!

This forum was very useful...thank you so much. :clapping:

Hello! This is my first post here, as I'm a new (and very happy) Porsche owner. My 2001 Boxster S had some work done, and now the stereo needs a code, and the previous owner apparently lost the card. My Porsche has the premium sound with the DSP, if that makes a difference.

Becker 1

Type 4362

Ser: Y5023286

24/99

I'll PayPal $10 to anyone's email address who can send me the code by 430pm (EST) today, as I have a first date tonight, and would love to have the stereo working =)

Thank you!

Edited by MetaChimp

• Admin
Hello! This is my first post here, as I'm a new (and very happy) Porsche owner. My 2001 Boxster S had some work done, and now the stereo needs a code, and the previous owner apparently lost the card. My Porsche has the premium sound with the DSP, if that makes a difference.

Becker 1

Type 4362

24/99

I'll PayPal $10 to anyone's email address who can send me the code by 430pm (EST) today, as I have a first date tonight, and would love to have the stereo working =)

Thank you!

Try 2470

or

Becker 1

Type 4362

24/99

Thank you!

Try 2470

or

Thank you for the fast reply!

I tried the codes and it locked me out with the "WAIT". So now do I have to wait for an hour before trying a few variants? Or is there another way to enter multiple codes without being locked out? Like try one, then turn the car off and remove the keys before trying a second variant? Anything like that?

thank you!

Edited by MetaChimp

• Admin

Becker 1

Type 4362

24/99

Thank you!

Try 2470

or

Thank you for the fast reply!

I tried the codes and it locked me out with the "WAIT". So now do I have to wait for an hour before trying a few variants? Or is there another way to enter multiple codes without being locked out? Like try one, then turn the car off and remove the keys before trying a second variant? Anything like that?

thank you!

Did you read the FAQ?

You have to wait 1 hour - with the radio on and ignition switch on (or the car running).