Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lost Radio Code - post your request here

Try 2470 or 2468

----

I tried the codes and it locked me out with the "WAIT". So now do I have to wait for an hour before trying a few variants? Or is there another way to enter multiple codes without being locked out? Like try one, then turn the car off and remove the keys before trying a second variant? Anything like that?

Did you read the FAQ?

You have to wait 1 hour - with the radio on and ignition switch on (or the car running).

Yes Sir, I did read the FAQ. I was asking if there is a way to try multiple codes while AVOIDING the 1 hour lockout. I think I found it!

3 false tries locks me out for 1 hour. So here's what I do:

1. Try two different codes, then remove my keys and wait for the unit to power off

2. Re-insert my key, and the unit says "WAIT".

3. Wait 5 minutes, with the key in the ignition

4. Code entry screen returns!

5. Repeat step 1.

So I kept trying 2 new codes every 5 minutes (better than waiting 1 hour between every 3 tries). I tried: 2466, 2468, 2469, 2470, 2472, 3468, 3470, 1468, 1470.

The magic number was 2471! So it was 1 number away from the suggestion (rather than 2, as stated in the FAQ). I posted my "retry" process here in hopes that it will help others, and contribute to this great community! Feel free to add it to the FAQ if you see fit. It greatly speeds up the trial & error process =)

i promised $10. PM an email address to send it to, or I would be happy to contribute it to this forum. Your call. THANK YOU, again!

Edited by MetaChimp

Hi

We just discovered (after changing the battery) that the code card that was included with the car is not for the radio that is now in the car. Maybe the original was stolen or broken??

Here is the information that we have found and we hope that you can help us.

Thanks

B & A

Model CDR220

Type 4462

Ser Y5033962

Try 0951

or

Lorne

Wanted to write and thank you for saving the day. We tried the 2 codes you supplied and neither worked. I remembered that you suggested going up or down by 2s. I thought up and my wife thought down, so of course we went with hers. She was right (****). Anyway the radio works and you save the day.

Bob & Annette Lendrum

Recently purchased a 2001 Porsche Boxster with Radio CDR220

VIN: WP0CA29831U625257

Serial: WS011980

Type: 4462

Called Porsche dealer and was given Code 6864 but didn't work.

Do you have an alternative code?

Thanks!

Edited by stinky_onion

• Admin
Recently purchased a 2001 Porsche Boxster with Radio CDR220

VIN: WP0CA29831U625257

Serial: WS011980

Type: 4462

Called Porsche dealer and was given Code 6864 but didn't work.

Do you have an alternative code?

Thanks!

Try 5059

or

Hi my wife left the headlights on and i end up with locked up radio to which i don't have the code.

After hrs of calling and digging around the web i found your site.

Quote "Help me Obi-Wan your my only.... "

Becker CDR-220

model no 4467

serial x501897

vin WP0ZZZ98ZWS605081

Thanks in advance.

• Admin
Hi my wife left the headlights on and i end up with locked up radio to which i don't have the code.

After hrs of calling and digging around the web i found your site.

Quote "Help me Obi-Wan your my only.... "

Becker CDR-220

model no 4467

serial x501897

vin WP0ZZZ98ZWS605081

Thanks in advance.

Try 0811

or

Hi Loren

i recently bought a PCM M680 radio

I can't activate it without the codes

Here is the info on the radio itself; there are two labels on this box. THe radio box is big and composed of two units that are put together and held together by the Navigation Screen. SO they are NOT independent of each other. I tried contacting Becter Automotice Services and they said the entire unit is made my Siemens; yet the box has a label on it that says Becker. Go-Figure!

Siemnes

Porsche 996.642.105.04 EFR

MFLFB: 5WK 78004

Serial No.: P08040106348/03

Date: 00120803 SW5.25

Becker

Type: IDIS

Model No.: BE 2582

Serial No.: Y5007946

KW: 40/00 65 31 35.20.40

• Admin
Hi Loren

i recently bought a PCM M680 radio

I can't activate it without the codes

Here is the info on the radio itself; there are two labels on this box. THe radio box is big and composed of two units that are put together and held together by the Navigation Screen. SO they are NOT independent of each other. I tried contacting Becter Automotice Services and they said the entire unit is made my Siemens; yet the box has a label on it that says Becker. Go-Figure!

Siemnes

Porsche 996.642.105.04 EFR

MFLFB: 5WK 78004

Serial No.: P08040106348/03

Date: 00120803 SW5.25

Becker

Type: IDIS

Model No.: BE 2582

Serial No.: Y5007946

KW: 40/00 65 31 35.20.40

Sorry, only a dealer can give you codes for a NAV system.

Loren, I'm kind of new to BLOGS, Posts, etc. but I was told you could help me get a radio code for my 2002 Boxster. I had the battery replaced yesterday and I don't know the Radio code. The unit is a Becker 1, Type 4162, Serial # 15007323. Thank you for any help you can give me.......

• Admin
Loren, I'm kind of new to BLOGS, Posts, etc. but I was told you could help me get a radio code for my 2002 Boxster. I had the battery replaced yesterday and I don't know the Radio code. The unit is a Becker 1, Type 4162, Serial # 15007323. Thank you for any help you can give me.......

Try 8926

or

Try 8926

or

8926 was the winner. Thank you again

Try 2470 or 2468

----

I tried the codes and it locked me out with the "WAIT". So now do I have to wait for an hour before trying a few variants? Or is there another way to enter multiple codes without being locked out? Like try one, then turn the car off and remove the keys before trying a second variant? Anything like that?

Did you read the FAQ?

You have to wait 1 hour - with the radio on and ignition switch on (or the car running).

Yes Sir, I did read the FAQ. I was asking if there is a way to try multiple codes while AVOIDING the 1 hour lockout. I think I found it!

3 false tries locks me out for 1 hour. So here's what I do:

1. Try two different codes, then remove my keys and wait for the unit to power off

2. Re-insert my key, and the unit says "WAIT".

3. Wait 5 minutes, with the key in the ignition

4. Code entry screen returns!

5. Repeat step 1.

So I kept trying 2 new codes every 5 minutes (better than waiting 1 hour between every 3 tries). I tried: 2466, 2468, 2469, 2470, 2472, 3468, 3470, 1468, 1470.

The magic number was 2471! So it was 1 number away from the suggestion (rather than 2, as stated in the FAQ). I posted my "retry" process here in hopes that it will help others, and contribute to this great community! Feel free to add it to the FAQ if you see fit. It greatly speeds up the trial & error process =)

i promised $10. PM an email address to send it to, or I would be happy to contribute it to this forum. Your call. THANK YOU, again!

Thank you very much ! Your tip worked for me... F.Y.I. On my radio the ( Wait ) legend disappeared

after approx. 1 min.

Sorry Loren,

Posted request on wrong board. :( No code#

I'll be quick.

Model CR-220

Model 4362

S/N X5017008

( 47/98 )

Thanks !

Try 1253

or

No joy on those codes, Do you any other alternatives ??? Thanks.

Knickknack

Lost Radio Code - FAQ, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

As always you were right !!! 1265 worked for me. Thanks, Loren for your time,effort and patience...